Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lovin' Life

I don't know what has gotten into me, but I am liking it! The class I am currently enrolled in is kickin' butt, which is something I am totally not used to with this school. I feel like I'm actually learning and it feels good for a change. My workouts have been rocking. Work is going great. The home life is awesome. And...in exactly 9 days Scotty and I will be flying up north to see the fams! Super, super excited. Even more exciting news- My mom has recently started a couch to 5K. Music to my ears when she told me that. So I of course told her I would train with her while I'm there next week! Won't be much running involved since she just started, but any chance for a work out buddy and I'm there!

Another exciting thing going on- this coming weekend we might get to go skiing! This makes me particularly happy because Scotty and I both love skiing and we usually only get to do so once a year when we head up north in the summer for our annual Kentucky Lake vacation trip. We do have a boat, but it is definitely not a ski boat. Your arms would probably literally be ripped from the sockets if you tried to ski behind that thing. So, I'm thrilled that one of our friends is planning on taking his boat out (and us along with it!) to do a little skiing. The one thing that worries me is that we will be skiing on the Caloosahatchee River...which leads into the gulf...which means that 2 things could be living in there- 1. Sharks! 2. Alligators (because it is pretty far up river). An encounter with either of those is very unlikely in the area we will be in, but there's still that slim chance...Eek!

Well, I am off to finish off this work day and then to kick my own rear end in the gym. Can't wait for dinner tonight...maybe I'll remember to take a picture because it's gonna be mighty tasty!

2 comments:

  1. Good for your mom! That is exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Everything is going so well! That's great! Have an awesome trip!! :0)

    ReplyDelete