Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Woman on a mission

So...I know I have been MIA in the last little bit. Basically I've just been one busy girl. School is going amazing right now though, and I dare I say that I might be enjoying it a tad? I think so. My workouts have been kicking serious boo-tay as well. Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time on the stair mill and 10 minutes on the elliptical before heading home to do some strictly lower-body pilates/toning exercises, crunches and then heading out on a 1.5 mile sprint with my Scotty boy and then another 1.5 mile walk with the pup. Today is spin class (love these days), a little more elliptical, and then another short sprint-a-thon before dinner. I've got a 5K (this is a major competition with my #1 boy) coming up in May and I have to find a way to win. As we stand now, he's going to kill me. I know I'm working just as hard as he is and it just isn't fair that his legs are soooooo much longer than mine and that is proving to be a major advantage for him (disadvantage for me!). I will find a way to win though...losing is just not an option. I won last year, but let's face it, he did not prepare for it at all.


It's only Wednesday but I'm already planning for and getting excited about the weekend. Friday night we are........babysitting! Scary huh? It wouldn't be scary at all if it was just for 1 kid, maybe even 2, but it's for 3! Count em...an 8 year old, a 6 year old and a 3 year old. We've done it before no biggie, but this is probably going to be an over-nighter. I am already having anxiety attacks about how they are going to trash my house and leave everything snotty and sticky. So this is the plan...grill hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner (which will be eaten outside on the patio), rent Despicable Me and hope they fall asleep watching it at like 9:00. I know it sounds like I am totally dreading it, but truth is they are amazing kids...they can just be a little tough to handle all together! So...mad props to all of you moms out there (especially those of you that have more than 1!).


Saturday we are doing some much needed yard work and just laying low, probably recovering from babysitting and then that night the plan is to make a nice dinner at home and head to the theater to watch "Arthur". I don't know why, but ever since Russell Brand married Katy Perry, I like him so much more. I found him just really gross pre-Katy, but I think my love for her is starting to rub off on him too. Plus I just think it looks like a pretty funny movie.

Sunday will most definitely be my favorite day of the weekend though because it's boating day! The weather is shaping up for a perfect day on the water and I can't wait! I'm also thrilled that in just a little over 2 weeks we'll be heading up north to see our families! Kind of dreading the flight though...thank you Southwest Airlines. Luckily, I think, we chose USA3000 this time. I'm hoping that the weather in Missouri will have settled into Spring by then!


Hope you all are having mah-volous weeks so far and that it continues through the weekend!


Ta ta!
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment