Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wahoo!!!

I would just like to announce that IT'S WEDNESDAY!!!


Not only does that mean we are one day closer to the weekend, but it also means that tomorrow night the Scottster and I fly outta here for Missouri! Yay for visiting family, and Yay again for a 3.5 day work week!


Remember how I mentioned like a million years ago when I last posted that my mom has started a Couch to 5K plan? Well, I was thinking about it and while it is awesome that she is doing this, considering she has NEVER ran in her entire life...I thought, how much cooler would it be if she did a Couch to MARATHON plan???? Running your first marathon at 44? That'd be pretty awesome. I had already been tossing around the idea of making Rock N Roll St. Louis my first one...plenty of time to train since the race isn't until October 23. And then I thought, how freaking sweet would it be if my mom and I ran our first marathons together? I think I'm getting all these crazy ideas in my head thanks to the Boston marathon. Although I know I will probably NEVER EVER come close to qualifying for Boston, I'd still love to be in that 1% of the human population that can say they've completed 26.2. 


Anyways...she hasn't agreed to it yet, but she told me she would think about it and we could discuss it more this weekend while I'm there...yay! What's more fun than talking about running? 


My plan right now is to follow the 16-week training plan found at Marathon Rookie. Looks easy enough to follow--ok, maybe I should refrain from using the word "easy" in a statement about marathon training, but I think it looks do-able. And I'm actually really excited to get started! But seriously...who runs a marathon in 2:03? That guy must be part super hero.


Not sure what the plan for the gym is today- either cross training or treadmill, I can't make up my mind yet. I guess I'll just go with the flow and do whatever I feel like at the time. Tomorrow is a running day, and so are Friday and Saturday. It may sound like a lot of days in a row, but I'm still in the low mileage stage, so it's not too strenuous. 


Totally changing the subject- we bought a new BBQ grill and it has completely transformed my life for the better. When we were living in our condo we couldn't really have a grill because we didn't have a place for it. I guess we could have had one of those miniature ones to put on the lanai, but it would've just been a big mess and probably filled the whole place up with smoke. Anyways, now that we have a yard and the perfect spot for the ginormous thing- I couldn't be happier. You see, I don't know how to grill, or really even how to turn the darn thing on. So, Scotty has been doing mucho cooking here lately and it is FABULOUS! I'm still in charge of the side dishes, but anything that I can pass off to him I'll gladly oblige. He's made some delicious burgers, brats (my fav.), salmon, mahi mahi (gross!) and chicken. Healthy food and less work for me equals happiness!


I'm off to get some stuff done and then outta here to the gym...Have a fabulous Wednesday!


Ta ta!
Whitney

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Best of luck to you with your training!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a bunch! I'm gonna need it! Running outside in the summer in Florida is brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower alert!

    BBQ grills are the BEST! Have a good workout!

    ReplyDelete