Friday, November 19, 2010

Ugh...remember I said I hate germs!

I was hoping that it wasn't going to happen, but it did. I'm officially sick. Woke up this morning with a scratchy sore throat, head ache and cough. So I decided to stay home from work and try to sleep it off. After waking up at 6am to email the boss and let him know whats up I went back to bed and didn't wake up til 10:50am. Suprisingly I was hungry (I think thats a good sign).  I didn't feel like actually cooking so I rolled some Peter Pan and a banana into a whole wheat, high fiber tortilla and called it brunch. I mustered up the energy to wash my face and brush my teeth and put my shoes on to take the dog outside for her business. While we were out there Scotty pulled in for his lunch break. So lucky he is to work only 5 minutes away from home. I guess when you're sick you are allowed to sit in the man chair (a.k.a the most comfortable chair in the whole world)...because after he'd made his sandwiches and made his way into the living room to enjoy them, he didn't say a word to me when he saw me indulging in his most prized possession. After he left the only thing I wanted was sleep. So I went back to the bedroom and thats what I did...for another couple hours. I heard a knock on the door just a little bit ago but didn't feel like moving. Thankfully, Syan (our temporary roommate) answered it. When I finally felt like showing my face again I found a big box outside the bedroom door. SURPRISE! I had totally forgotten that I ordered some new stuff a couple of weeks ago and it is finally here. I absolutely LOVE Christmas shopping, and I usually start in September, or October at the latest. But I can NEVER resist making a couple purchases for myself. So YAY! I have new shoes, one of my most favorite things in the world! I always say that you can make jeans and a white t-shirt look AMAZING with killer shoes and accessories. So here they are!


I love them both, but I have to say the black mary-jane platforms are my fav! I'm sure my story will change after I wear them for the first time. My feet will probably be screaming at me to take them off, but it's so worth it. I plan on wearing them out tomorrow night with my favorite skinny jeans and a black cardigan, that is if I don't still feel like death. Ok, so I am being a little dramatic. It's not really that bad. In fact, I still plan on hitting the gym with Scott when he gets off work.This month's Oxygen magazine says to go ahead and workout if your symptoms are above the neck, but if you have below the neck symptoms like abdominal pain and body aches, it'd be best to sit it out. I think I'll just go for a quickie though, nothing too crazy like Edgar's spin class yesterday! Yikes! I'd never taken his class before, but it just so happened that my mp3 player was dead yesterday when I arrived at the gym and one thing that I absoultely CANNOT do is run without music blaring. So, I lucked out, and I really do mean that, when I saw that a spin class was about to start. I usually go on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, but what the heck...our bodies need a little variation right? Keep it guessing! Let me tell you...there is a DRASTIC difference in a spin class taught by a 45 year old woman (not that she isn't awesome too!) and a 25 year old guy... holy hell. He had my legs on fire within the first 15 minutes. I don't think my butt was on that saddle but for about 5 minutes of the whole hour. But I loved it :)  Best class I've been to BY FAR and I fully intend on switching my spin days to Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday because I know I'll get the most benefit from Edgar.


Today's workout will probably just be some running on the treadmill, stair mill and abs. Then turkey meatloaf, baked sweet potato and green beans for dinner. My meatloaf is Scotty's favorite so I know he'll be excited. He'll probably look kind of like this when he sees it...


Shhhhh...don't tell him I posted this picture! hehe ;)  Ta ta for now!


Whitney

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your blog!! Sorry you are sick, that is the worst! Get plenty of rest.

    Those heels are the most gorgeous things I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete