Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My first ever blog! Yay!

Good Morning! (is 11:50am still considered morning?)


So, I've been reading a few different blogs that are really inspiring to me and I had the brilliant idea of starting my own. I can only hope that someone will find mine inspiring.  My blog will basically cover what I do in a day- at home, work and wherever else life takes me. It will have a lot to do with food (mostly healthy, but we all have our weaknesses right?!) and working out. Maybe someone will find this enjoyable to read, but if not at least I can enjoy writing it!


I woke up around 6am this morning, much better than 4:45am yesterday! Thankfully I didn't have to wash my hair because I'd already done that last night. Us girls know what a pain in the butt it is to wash your hair...it's not actually the act of washing it that is the pain...it's the blow drying and styling afterward. So, back on track, I took a shower and got ready for work. I still had about 25 minutes to spare before I had to be out the door, so I decided to cook breakfast for the first time in probably years. Usually I just grab a Special K Protein Bar (strawberry of course :) and hit the door running. But today I made eggs and toast for my Scotty boy and a bowl of oatmeal with a few turkey sausage links for myself. I must say, it is nice to actually sit at the table and have a nice breakfast versus cramming it down in the car.


After my 45 minute commute to work, here I am, enjoying a bowl of Granny Smith apples and purple grapes. I've got a few free minutes so I'm writing my blog. I can't help but wish that it was 5:00 right now. I have so much that I need to get done outside the office. For starters, I'll hit the gym for spinning class at 6:00pm. I absolutely LOVE this class. It's like I become a different person when those lights go off and that music starts blaring...the sweat is pouring and I'm so out of breath at the end, but it's one of the best feelings ever. Then I will do some upper body exercises, probably pull-downs, alternating curls, over-head presses, hammer curls, skull-crushers and kick-backs. Maybe if I feel like it I'll throw a few ab exercises in as well, but right now I don't see that happening.


I'm sure I'll be starving after this and unfortunately I have to hit the grocery store up before I can go home to make dinner. This always puts a damper on my day. I think that the grocery store is one of my least favorite places in the world, next to Wal-Mart. But I have to pick up the staples-chicken, eggs, romaine, spinach, lunch meat, potatoes, other veggies, whole grain saltines, ground turkey, Special K Protein Bars (for those rushed mornings), bananas, apples, peanut butter and cheese.


Not exactly sure what I will concoct tonight with these staples, but something delicious to tell you about tomorrow! Since it is Wednesday, I'll be watching Modern Family and Meet the Browns (hilarious!) and as we try to every night, walking the dog. I also have to help my little sis write a paper on cleft lips and palates. So, I have plenty to keep myself occupied with. Guess I should get back to business now...Ta Ta for now!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment