Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Last full work day of the week! Woot Woot!

I can hardly contain myself. I have a lot to do today so I know it's going to fly by! Then I'm at work tomorrow until lunch, gonna get a gym sesh in, do a little Christmas shopping, pack anything that I forgot, and then we're headed to the airport. I'll admit...I am a very nervous flier. I always get to the airport way too early and then I have nothing to do and am bored out of my mind until the flight leaves. Plus, flying terrifies me. I'm the type that can send myself into a full blown panic attack just contemplating the concept of flying. In addition to that neuroticism, I am a bit of a control freak and it totally kills me to just sit there and let someone else, especially someone I don't even know, do the "driving". I'm a tad like this in the car too (backseat driver, who me?). But flying is WAY worse for me. At the first sign of turbulence my heart is racing and I am sweating like a pig. In fact, last Thanksgiving was the worst flight of my life. We were coming back to Florida from St. Louis and it was beginning to snow. So before we departed the gate, the pilot announced that it would be a few more minutes because they were getting the plane sprayed down with de-icer. This thoroughly freaked me out. Then the whole time we were up in the air it felt like I was playing bumper cars. At one point it got so bad that I swear my head almost hit the ceiling and the pilot actually came on the speakers and asked the flight attendants to sit down and buckle up as well...you know you're in trouble then! I'd never wanted to kiss the ground so bad in my life when we landed. So...although I am SOOO excited to see my family and eat turkey and pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes and Great Grandma's homemade rolls...I still get nervous about actually getting there. Thankfully I'll have my big, strong, knight-in-shining-armor to protect me, haha. 


I had a pretty great work out yesterday. I almost was able to do everything that I had planned on, but I started getting extremely tired and weak, much more than is normal for me and decided not to overdo it since I am probably still in the recovery stage. After the gym I went home and made a veggie pizza...delish! It reminded me so much of the Veggie Delight pizza that my mom, my sister and I adore from this place called Papa Murphy's back home. I used a Tortilla Factory whole wheat, high fiber tortilla for the crust. I sprayed it with olive oil cooking spray and sprinkled on some salt, then baked that by itself for just about 5 minutes to get it nice and crispy. Then I added shredded mozzarella, mushrooms, tomato, white onion, green onion and garlic powder (garlic is my favorite...sorry Scotty, hehe). No sauce on this one, I was craving crispy crust and sometimes sauce can make it soggy :(  I baked it for another 12 minutes or so and this is how it came out...


Perfection! Just what I was craving...and as you can see I forgot to take a picture before I started pigging out.


I might actually be a total bore and eat the same thing for dinner tonight (so yummy) or maybe a big salad like I had planned for dinner last night. I never know what it's gonna be, I try to live in the moment ya know? haha. Lunch today is some beef and barley soup with a string cheese and I'm about to dig into a bag of soy nuts right now. The gym tonight will be a combo of running and stair mill, abs and probably some upper body strength work.


Since I vowed to post more pictures yesterday, here is a little bit of cuteness to brighten your day.

I love this girl, don't know what I would do without her and I dread the day that I have to find out (she is starting to get up there in age). I don't know how, but it seems like everyday she finds a new way to make just sitting on the couch look totally adorable :)  Is it weird that I like dogs more than I like most people? Nah! Ta ta for now!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment