Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Not again...

So, I woke up this morning feeling like total crap. I swear, it never fails. Every single time I step foot on an airplane I get sick...it doesn't matter if I load up on vitamins and healthy stuff, I could probably even wear a surgical mask and it would still happen. My head is throbbing, I can't stop sneezing and my throat is on fire. At least I did manage to get a work out in last night, nose dripping the whole time, gross!

10 Minutes on the stair mill
60 Minutes spin class


However, I was a big baby and did not do my strength training that I talked about yesterday. I actually feel 10 times worse today than I felt yesterday, but I'm going to try to make it through a full work out anyways. Today it will be a light run on the treadmill, stair mill/elliptical intervals and upper body strength training. Our dog is also in desperate need of a walk, she's looking a little on the chubby side. So the plan is to also make time for her 3 mile walk around the neighborhood.


I woke up late as usual, thankfully I had taken a shower before bed last night. So I threw my hair into a ponytail-bun thing (I refer to these as crap-things) and straightened the bangs out, swiped on very minimal makeup, and jumped into some jeans, a t-shirt, and tennis shoes. Not having to dress up for work is probably the most awesome part of my job. I made some oatmeal to go- And yes I did get a few weird looks as I was eating from a bowl and spoon at red lights in the car.  But it was very yummy, warm and nutritious. 
Plain oatmeal with cinnamon, 1 pack of Splenda, half of a banana and a swirl of honey. I prefer blueberries but we didn't have any, so I settled for a banana. It is pictured here with my vitamins, I'm really loading up on them today, more so than usual. Hopefully it will help me kick this cold in the butt.


I just had a morning snack of almonds and Diet Mt. Dew. BAD GIRL! I keep telling myself that I'll quit the sodas, but I swear I need that caffeine and I'm just not much of a coffee drinker unless it has 10,000 calories in it...like pumpkin spice lattes and french vanilla cappuccino.
I'm about to head out for lunch. I packed it with me today in my trusty old lunch box. I'm having another wrap, imagine that. Today is chicken, lettuce, tomato and onion with a side of string cheese. I also packed an XL honeycrisp apple...yum! Those are the best! I usually rely on old faithful, the Fuji, but this time of year honeycrisps are more readily available and oh so delicious. Well, thats it for me today. I must be extra boring when I'm sick. Ta ta for now!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment