Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm Back with a Vengeance!

I was most definitely out of commission this weekend. All plans that I had were thrown out the window starting Friday evening. My condition took a turn for the worst on Friday afternoon and continued down a treacherous path. I had a low-grade fever, chills, upset stomach, scratchy throat, cough...pretty much you name it, I had it. I was very disappointed because I so wanted to go boating, go to spin class Saturday morning and watch the UFC fight Saturday night. What did I do instead? Sleep. I thought I was feeling a little better on Saturday evening and I was FAMISHED from not eating anything all day, so it seemed like a good idea to hit up Chili's. Boy- was I wrong. We sat in the bar area to watch college football, so that means free chips and salsa. Whoever came up with this idea is a sheer genius, my favorites for free! I did manage to eat a decent amount of tortilla chips, but went light on the salsa just in case. Then when my loaded potato soup came out, I thought I was going to toss my cookies just from looking at it. I did try to take one bite, and even tried to take a bite of Scott's chicken crisper, but I knew that it would turn out ugly so I just gave up and went home discouraged. I hate letting good food go to waste! Well, I shouldn't say that it goes to waste just because it didn't end up in my belly. One of my favorite things about Scotty is that he is sorta like a human garbage disposal...and he loves loaded potato soup too, so it didn't go to waste, it just ended up in his belly instead. I went home and continued to whine and be miserable for the rest of the night. I must be the worst sick person ever...sorry Scotty. I'm apologizing for the countless times you've put up with this in the past, and for the countless times you'll put up with it in the future ;)


Then a miracle happened. I woke up Sunday morning and was cured...well almost. I would say I was at about 80%. We went to my favorite place EVER for breakfast...don't laugh...Dunkin' Donuts! I had the usual turkey sausage, egg-white flatbread sandwich with a ginormous iced tea. Scotty had the turkey, bacon cheddar flatbread with orange juice. And best of all we split an order of the new sausage pancake bites. This brings me to another sheer genius. Whoever came up with the brilliant idea of wrapping a miniature sausage link in a miniature maple-pancake "corndog style"...well I'd just like to shake your hand. Delicious! I give them a 10 out of 10...and Scotty would probably give them an 8 out of 10, he of course wanted to dip them in additional maple syrup. Boys! And hey...I was allowed to have 2 breakfast entrees because I was making up for the previous day, hehe. We dropped off a couple of DVDs at Blockbuster, one was Karate Kid which I am sad to report I could not manage to hold my head up through. Not because it was a bad movie, but because we watched it on Friday night when I was under the weather. I will definitely be giving that one another shot though. We also stopped by West Marine so Scott could drool over the ridiculously expensive marine GPS systems. If he's a good boy maybe he'll get one for Christmas ;) We sat around being lazy for a while, I did some laundry and cleaning and before we knew it we were hunrgy again...lunch time. And the number one rule for picking a restaurant for lunch on a Sunday? Football of course! We didn't want to drive far, so we chose Ruby Tuesdays. We hopped on the Harley and took off to see my boys the Pittsburgh Steelers whoop some Raider tail and enjoy some broccoli and cheese soup. The only exercise I did for the day was about a 3 mile walk with the pup, still trying to take it easy. But today I'm back at it full force!


I am definitely back to myself now and soooo glad to report it! Being sick is the worst, I feel so useless. I just devoured a roast beef, lettuce, double tomato and pickle wrap and I'm munching on some purple grapes...boosting my energy for the rest of the day. Can't wait for that spin class in 4 hours! Pre-spin class I'm going to do some leg presses, leg extensions, leg curls, butt blasters and calf raises. Post-class I'll hit the stair mill for about 15 minutes. Not sure about what's for dinner tonight, probably just a big salad for me. Gotta try and be good Monday through Wednesday for the overload on Thursday (Thanksgiving!). I can already hear that pumpkin pie calling my name! Wednesday after work Scotty and I are flying home to see our families. So excited!!!! We're actually going north for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year and I am thrilled. I absolutely love the holidays and there's nowhere I'd rather be than with my family :)  There is just something about my Mom's house around the holidays, I just can't quite put my finger on it. But when you move far away from  home, you appreciate that little something even more.


I just realized how extremely boring this blog is! I think that I'm just overcoming cabin fever from being cooped up all weekend and now I'm acting like a ramblin' fool! Tomorrow I vow to be more interesting and maybe even post some pictures! Ta ta for now!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment