Thursday, November 18, 2010

Love the weather, hate the germs!

Apparently it's that time of year again when my hands are constantly dry because I apply hand sanitizer like a mad woman, trying to keep myself from getting sick. However, I think my Germ-X has failed me. I really should start taking vitamins I think. I started feeling a little under the weather when I woke up yesterday morning. Nothing too bad, just that really scratchy throat that makes you have to cough all the time and a congested head. I still managed to get a work out in and hit the grocery store up last night though. When I got home I threw every single vegetable that I had in the fridge, pantry and freezer into the crockpot along with a lot of chicken broth, a little tomato juice, and tons of garlic power and pepper. I let it simmer all night and WOW did my house smell AMAZING this morning. I loaded up a big bowl of it to bring to work for lunch and I am already looking forward to 12:00. Soup always makes me feel better :) I also filled 2 whole wheat, high-fiber tortillas with Peter Pan and sliced banana...breakfast for me and Scotty. Once again, I'm back to eating in the car. Oh well, it's the most important meal of the day so I guess it doesn't matter where you have it, just as long as you do!


Here is a picture of my soup in the crockpot. Full of garbanzos, lima beans, tomato, onion, squash, zucchini, mushrooms, water chestnuts, cabbage and carrots.




I also had to prepare a hashbrown casserole this morning for Scotty to take to work. Today is his office Thanksgiving lunch and everyone has to bring their favorite dish. Of course hashbrown casserole would be his. What's not to love? Potatoes & cheese, his 2 favorite food groups next to steak! The stuff is darn good, but so bad for you. Would you believe that it has 3 whole sticks of butter? Oh well, I guess we all have to splurge sometime! I'm just hoping they eat it all so he doesn't have to bring the leftovers home! I'm also hoping that he follows my directions on topping it with the buttery cornflakes and the baking time because all his co-workers will know that it is my creation, not his, so I want to look good!


I'm trying to be a good girl and get all my workouts in and not go too candy-crazy during this week (I've already failed miserably) and beginning of next because I want to thoroughly enjoy Thanksgiving and not feel one bit guilty about indulging in that slice of pumpkin pie. Actually, I can't even really call it a slice, that sounds way too dainty. It's more like half the pie really. Pumpkin pie is my favorite :) Whipped cream on top please!


How can I deny myself when this is on my desk though?




The work out today will consist of a 1 hour spin class with a new instructor. I'm really excited to try it out, I've never had a male spin instructor so I'm wondering if it will be different. I'll also get in an ab work out and hopefully 15 minutes on the stair mill. I'm trying to get myself as prepared as possible for a 5 mile "hill run" in a few weeks. Then I'll be headed home to dig into that soup again and watch Vampire Diaries (love that show! It's like Twilight on steroids!) and some Thursday night football with Scotty.


TGTIF...what's that mean you may ask? Thank goodness TOMORROW IS FRIDAY (all together now-happy dance!)...Ta ta for now!


Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'm your first follower! Love the blog so far...keep it up! I have also been into spin lately...hope the class went well.

    ReplyDelete