Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Still feelin' like poo :(

AHHHHH...I HATE being sick! I feel so darn useless at everything. So basically I don't have too much to say today. I think I'll be skipping the gym tonight so I can try to get some rest and recover from this crap. Yesterday I couldn't make it through everything that I wanted to do at the gym. I got about a 15 minute run in on the treadmill and then 20 minutes on the elliptical. We did manage to take our dog for the 3 mile loop around the neighborhood, she reeeeeeeally needed it. And I'm hoping to be able to squeeze that in tonight in between all my sitting around doing nothing and sleeping. But that's it for me, not gonna try and push it until I feel better. Last night nothing sounded good to eat, so I just threw together some romaine, tomatoes, onion, black olives, parmesan cheese, olive oil & vinegar and a tortilla shell and called it a salad. It actually turned out to taste pretty excellent, so I had seconds. Then I split a ginormous honeycrisp apple with Scott. 
The other exciting thing that happened yesterday is that we got new carpet installed in our new house. I've probably failed to mention the tortuous experience that we've had with purchasing this house. We closed on it on a Friday back in September. We spent the following weekend painting every single room, Scott's dad even flew in from Illinois to help us. We got all of that complete on the following Monday...Scott goes to the house on Wednesday to find that a water pipe going to the refrigerator had burst and there was about 4 inches of water standing in every single room of the house. It was a total loss and we are still in the process of repairing/replacing EVERYTHING and it is December already. We're getting closer though. The new tile is down, we repainted everything, all drywall has been replaced and the new carpet was installed yesterday. You'll see a picture below, and you'll notice that we still have lots left to do. None of the baseboards are down and the kitchen is still gutted. This weekend it is having some plumbing work and lighting installed so next week the new cabinets/countertops and appliances can be brought in. Ugh...I always wanted to design my own home from scratch, but this project has made me think otherwise. However it is going to look really pretty when it's complete. Thank goodness for insurance!

Well thats it for me today. Hopefully I'll be more interesting tomorrow...if I don't still feel 100% like poo. Hope everyone is staying healthy! Ta ta for now!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment