Tuesday, December 7, 2010

One step at a time...

I guess that's gonna have to by my philosophy. I feel slightly better, the ear isn't quite making me want to die today. I tried some Benadryl last night before bed, advice from Dr. Mom, apparently anti-histamines dry things up while decongestants make things run out...the things you can learn from your mother. It seems to have helped a tad, so I'm going to stick with it. I wish I could've taken more this morning, but Benadryl knocks me out cold, so that probably wouldn't be such a good idea since I had to operate a motor vehicle this morning. Nothing too exciting happened yesterday...got in a good work out, ended up doing 30 minutes elliptical and 20 minutes stair mill. We did skip the 3 mile walk however because it was frigid outside...well, frigid for Floridians anyway. So after the gym I came home and made dinner...just threw together a beef, veggie and brown rice stir fry which hit the spot. I then snuggled up in the recliner with my coziest blanket and a mug of sugar-free hot cocoa and watched the Pats whoop up on the Jets. I don't really care for the Patriots, but I was glad to see them win because I picked them in our football pool and I really need to make up some ground, I'm getting spanked right now. Oooooh...I almost forgot- In between the gym and dinner I met Scotty at the new house to see how the work on the kitchen was progressing...
I was sooooo impressed...I knew that it would look great because I love everything that we picked out. But it is sooooooo much different to actually see it in the house versus little swatches in Lowe's. I can't wait to see the finished product! The counter tops look just like granite, and you'd think they were until you touch them. They are actually some sort of laminate, which was much less expensive. We were going to splurge on granite but then changed our minds because we aren't even sure how long we're going to be in this house...maybe next time ;)

Not much on the agenda for today...just work, gym, eat, watch TV, sleep. I made a pit stop at Dunkin Donuts for breakfast this morning...not donuts for me though. I had a turkey sausage, egg-white flatbread sandwich, minus the cheese and a large iced tea. I'm probably about to snack on a candy cane in a few minutes...what a snack, lol. Lunch is beef pot roast soup courtesy a la Progresso and a string cheese. Afternoon snack will be soy nuts and dinner is probably going to be more soup because it just makes me happy when it's freezing outside. Today is the first "running" day on my half marathon training plan. I'm using a "beginner" training plan that I found, even though I don't exactly consider myself a beginner. But, then again I guess I would be a beginner in "half marathon world". The plan goes like this:
Monday-Cross training (for me this will be intervals of elliptical/stair mill or spin class)
Tuesday-Short distance run 
Wednesday-Repeat of Monday
Thursday-Medium distance run
Friday-Rest
Saturday-Long distance run
Sunday-Recovery run


I'm about 13 weeks out from the race, so I think this will be a good training plan for me. Well, Happy Tuesday to all...ta ta for now!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment