Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Being homesick and being grateful

Sometimes I get really homesick living 1000 miles away from all of my family. It usually gets really bad when I spend time with them back in Missouri and then come back down to Florida and it's just me and Scott pretty much. We have friends here and all, but its just not the same as having family around. I'm asked all the time if I will ever move back to Missouri and I do think about it quite a bit. But the truth is that I probably won't. Eventually we will move back closer but right now there aren't many opportunities for us there. I think that Scott and I would both love to make a gradual move closer to home. If I had it my way we'd move from here to Destin, FL then to Atlanta, GA then to Nashville, TN where I could stay forever...I love that city. I feel like I'm constantly thinking about moving, but truth is I should start being more thankful for what I have. I mean, for crying out loud, people take vacations to where I live everyday. It truly is a beautiful place. So, with this post I would like to give a little tribute to southwest Florida because I honestly think I take it for granted all too often.
This is Scott and I doing what we do best...getting our tan on and chillin' on the beach.
I wish that the screen wasn't blocking this one because it was such a beautiful sight. We get a lot of full rainbows in the summertime, also known as rainy season. This was taken from our back lanai.
We also frequently see some crazy animals that us Missourians just aren't used to, and probably never will be. This was taken at a local park. Just a baby...but we saw mama gator that day too.
This was taken on Memorial Day at a local boater's hangout called "The Redneck Yacht Club". Party central with beautiful turquoise waters.
This was just taken on a beautiful day on the water. Love the way there is trees all around this hotel.

This was also taken while out boating on the Gulf of Mexico, love the color of the water in this one.

And this sums it all up. It was taken off the back of the boat. We have some of the most magnificent sunsets here.

Starting today I am making a vow to appreciate what I have and where I am. I'm not going to constantly think too far into the future. It's time to start enjoying the here and now!

No comments:

Post a Comment