Friday, December 10, 2010

TGIF!!!

Sooooooooooooo happy that its FRIDAY! Something must have been wrong with me because I actually fixed my hair this morning...this is a rare occurence. Usually I am rushing around to get ready and it ends up in a pile on top of my head. But not today, I actually broke out the Chi and everything. 


Yesterday was a long day at work and I just didn't have it in me to make it to the gym. I actually would have but when I left work I realized that I left my protein bar at home and I absolutely can't work out on an empty stomach. I have low blood sugar and must eat just about every 3 hours or I become a light-headed, shaky mess. And I most definitely cannot workout without a small meal before hand. So instead I picked up just a few things at the grocery store. I was in and out in less than 10 minutes which was nice.


I went home and whipped up a beef stir fry for dinner. Lean ground beef, onion, garlic and a can of Rotel and mushrooms. I skipped the rice that usually accompanies it and went for a can of hominy as a side dish instead. Sometimes I get on a kick with this stuff and eat it most every day. I think I even get a little sentimental about it. It reminds me of being at home in Missouri when I was a kid. I also ate an extra large apple for an evening snack. Scotty was working late so I had to watch Vampire Diaries all alone. Such a good episode, but it doesn't come back on until the end of January, boo :(  I was also happy to see that the Colts defeated the Titans, not a fan of either, the Steelers have 120% of my heart, but I needed the Colts to win for the sake of my football pool picks.


Due to the fact that I chose to style my hair this morning I was running extremely late on everything else. I stopped at 7-11 to fill up the gas tank and had to find breakfast inside. It was freezing, well in Florida terms anyway, so I chose a cup of fat free French vanilla cappuccino and a package of peanut butter crackers, better than nothing I guess. I could only finish about half of the cappuccino however because it was extra sweet and I don't like it that way. Lunch is a frozen Amy's dish- brown rice, black-eyed peas, and veggies (carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion). I'm not sure about dinner for this evening because we have yet another visitor coming to see us (to be honest, I'm so ready for my life to go back to normal), so we'll probably end up going out somewhere. 


This weekend has quite a bit in store and I'm soooooo excited. Tomorrow we have to blow insulation into our attic (yippee!)....that was said with tons of sarcasm. But after that we're going to Sanibel Island to watch the holiday boat parade. This is how us Floridians do it up holiday style. We aren't participating, just going as spectators, but it should be a blast. We'll have dinner at a waterfront restaurant and watch all the boats parade by decked out with Christmas lights and decorations. Then we'll be heading to Hooters to watch the one and only, my man, George St. Pierre take down Josh Koscheck. It seems like so long since I've watched GSP fight and I sooooo can't wait for tomorrow night! I guess thats it for me....Ta ta for now!


Whitney

1 comment:

  1. How nice to be a boat parade instead of fighting snow! Hope you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete