Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Odd Couple?

Some times in talking to other people and reading different blogs, I start to wonder if Scott and I are an odd couple. I ponder this for several reasons, but there are a coupe that really stick out to me-

1. We don't go everywhere and do everything together. For instance, when we make trips back north to visit family and friends, sometimes we go alone. Whether it is work schedules or simply needing someone to stay home with the dog, sometimes we make that trip by ourselves. Also, Scotty has a lot of friends that he's known since he was a wee-little guy and they like to come visit occasionally. It absolutely does not bother me if they take a day or two trip to Miami or Tampa. There isn't much to do around our parts and Miami is a fun place to be. Why would I want to hang around with 2 guys by myself, and why would they want a girl hanging around as well? It's also hard for us to find time to spend with our families. So even when we both are in our hometowns at the same time, we may not do all of our visiting together. There are several people that we each  have to see in a short amount of time and it's just not feasible to get all of this in together, so sometimes we have to split up.

2. We rarely ever eat the same thing for dinner. I could almost be a vegetarian and meat is his primary food group. Therefore, it's hard to make a meal that we'll both enjoy. I am quite content having salad for dinner and while he might eat a salad for an appetizer, he always needs some sort of protein and carbohydrate (usually potatoes). We used to not even eat dinner at the same time because I would go to the gym before work, he would go after work and as soon as I got home I would be starving for dinner. This would usually be around 6:00 versus his dinner time of 7:30. Now that I've started going after work, we normally find ourselves eating at the same time.

Some times I find myself wondering if these factors make us weird, but I always come to the conclusion that no, we aren't weird. This is what works for us. I wouldn't change a single thing about our relationship. We love spending time together and enjoy doing the same things…working out, going boating, chillin' on the beach, watching UFC, watching football (Go Steelers!), going to the movies, etc. And even after 6 years together, we can still find plenty to talk about and entertain ourselves just staying home doing nothing. I'm glad that I've found this in another person :)


Don't you just love how my sunglasses take up like half my face...Scotty hates those glasses, lol.

On another note, I spent 36 minutes on the treadmill yesterday and another 10 on the elliptical...then I thought my lungs were going to give out. This is getting sooooo frustrating. I'm having to cut my workouts short because my lungs just can't hang. I think that if I'm not almost 100% better by Friday, I'm going to have to take a trip to the doctor this weekend, boo :(


I'm going to keep at it for now though...today is lower body strengthening (curls, extensions, presses, butt blaster, calf raises, squats) followed by 1 hour of spin class. 


I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for the usual egg white flatbread, hold the cheese, and iced tea. Lunch is probably going to be a wrap from Publix Deli and dinner is still up in the air. Ta ta for now!

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment