Friday, December 17, 2010

Slacker, Slacker

Such a slacker!

Wow, I am officially declaring myself a blogging slacker. I haven't even been doing this very long and already I am slacking off and procrastinating. Oh yeah, thats definitely me! Actually this week has been crazy busy but oh so much fun. I've had an awesome week at the gym (lots of cardio with a little weight training), thats one area that I haven't been slacking in. I've almost completed my Christmas shopping. We had a pretty kick-butt party at work yesterday (my team won the decorating contest, yeah baby!). We've got a little more work done on the new house. And everything is just peachy :)


Well almost everything...On a much less peachy note...my mom told me last night that my great grandma took a fall Wednesday evening while she was laying her clothes out for the next day. This is one amazing woman, let me tell ya. She is 95 years old and fiesty as no one's business. She still lives on her own with the help of a health care provider that comes to see her in the mornings. They basically help her take her shower and clean up her house. She's lucky enough to have all of her children and most grandchildren living within 15 miles of her to help her with her meals, and ANYTHING else she could possibly need. But anyways, she fell while getting her clothes out of the dresser and landed flat on her face. She's pretty banged and cut up but no broken bones which is a blessing. A few years ago she fell and broke her hip and had to have surgery. She was out of commission for a while with that fall, so we're glad that this was more minor. The only thing is that when you are 95 your skin becomes like tissue paper and breaks with the slightest injury. I obviously haven't been able to see her, but my Mom says she looks like she's been in a fight with Ali. Bless her heart! She is one loved lady!
This is her with her birthday cake on her 95th b-day.
And this is her with me, my sister and 2 of my cousins on her 93rd. (thats me on the top right, my sis is in the blue shirt next to me).

Tonight is the Scottster's company Christmas party. I bought a dress earlier this week that I fell in love with. However, when I got it home and tried it on again I determined that it might not be totally office-friendly. But I love it so much I'm not willing to take it back. I think I'll just hold on to it and wear it out for New Years. So that means at lunch today I'll be searching for a more appropriate "office attire" dress.

Tomorrow morning I am running a 5K to benefit the track coach for one of our local high schools. He was on his way to the state track championships and his house burned down. Luckily his wife and 2 small children were able to escape, but I think they lost everything. I wasn't actually planning on racing, not even a 5K, until my half marathon in March, but this is just too good of a cause to pass up.

Then I'll be going to the mall with Scotty to get some new jeans and finish up his Christmas shopping. Tomorrow evening we intend on hitting up Barnes & Noble for some free entertainment and maybe a movie after that.

Sunday, of course, is football day. We'll probably also try to install the new GPS system for the boat (my Christmas present to my babe…of course I already gave it to him because I am THE WORST surprise keeper EVER in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD).

Next week is a short work week. Full days Monday and Tuesday and then the office is closing at noon on Wednesday. I can't wait! Thursday I'm getting an hour long massage (part of my Christmas present from the Scottster) and a manicure with lots of glitter because I love being festive. Then we fly out of here at 9:00pm that evening for a full week and a half back up north.

Lots going on this time of year and I love it! I'm just trying to live it up! Ta ta for now!

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment