Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Especially on my fingernails! I love them...
The tips are pink (my favorite color) and sparkly (another favorite thing of mine)! Is it sad that looking at them instantly puts me in an awesome mood?

Going to the nail salon was one thing that I did yesterday afternoon when I left work. I also found my cousin some adorable jewelry (and I should've taken a picture of it). She's getting a very cute matching necklace, earrings, cocktail ring and bracelet. It's in shades of purple and I think she's gonna love it, yay!

I also met Scotty at the gym. I did 10 minute intervals of elliptical and stair mill, what a burn, I was drenched in sweat. I hate how it always looks like I peed in my pants when I get done with cardio. I hope people aren't actually staring at my crotch/ass like I think they are. I used to get so sweaty playing volleyball growing up...and for some reason I always sweat out my ass (literally)...my step dad nicknamed me "Swamp Ass"...nice. Somehow word of this made it to Scotty, so he tends to call me it sometimes too.

After the gym I came home and cooked a big skillet of lean ground beef. I made up some stronganoff pasta for Scotty and decided I wasn't in the mood for pasta. Okay, thats a lie. I could eat pasta every meal of the day. I just decided that maybe I should skip the carbo overload last night since I plan on eating tons of potatoes and baked goods over "Christmas vacay". I couldn't find anything else so I decided stir fry my portion of the ground beef with some onion and mushroons and then add it to a can of tomato soup sprinkled with parmesan cheese. Pretty tasty actually...kinda like a crustless pizza.

I was exhausted after dinner so I just watched a little TV while Scotty went over to the new house to see what work had been done and make sure the subcontractors were getting paid. Shortly after it was lights out Whitney.

This morning it was impossible for me to sleep through the Scottster getting ready for work (haha...he had to work today!). So I made myself a couple of slices of toast with PB and jelly. I took the dog out so she could go #1 and then I went to the gym. I wish I could go to the gym at 9am every day, that is just the perfect time of day for a workout for me. I did 5 miles on the treadmill and some upper body strengthening.

I came home, took a shower, didn't wash the hair, but I did spray on some dry shampoo, that counts right? After Scotty went back to work from lunch what did I do??? Enjoyed another early Christmas present of course...and it could become a new addiction. I got a 1 hour massage and it was pure heaven on earth. It was exactly what my aching muscles needed...come to think of it I might need to incorporate massages into my half/marathon training.

I then ran a few errands and came home and took the pupster for a 2 mile walk. We live on an old golf course and people use the old cart paths as walking trails. We usually don't take walks back there but I decided to give it a whirl.

We walked around a lake...

And then we saw this big guy!

The picture doesn't do him justice...he was huge. I was so glad I had my phone to take a picture, but unfortunately I couldn't get any closer because Mercedes probably would have tried to eat him.

I'm now finished packing and getting ready to jump back in the shower (I promise to wash my hair this time) and get ready to catch this flight outta here! Ready or not, Missouri here we come! I'll probably be taking a blogging break for the next couple of days so Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! Be safe and enjoy every minute of it!

Ta ta for now!
Whitney

2 comments:

  1. The nails are super cute! Hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nails! So cute! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete