Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekend fun...

Friday night I was too pooped to do anything exciting. I had a great workout at the gym, a yummy stir fry for dinner and then I was ready for bed. Scotty had to drive to Tampa to pick a friend up from the airport and that took FOREEEEEEVER, so I watched the Santa Claus (I just love Christmas movies!) and then part of the Santa Claus 2 and dozed off waiting for them to get home.

Saturday I had intended to do a little Christmas shopping in the morning and then hit the gym before lunch…things did not go as planned. I ended up doing quite a bit  of Christmas shopping and then stood in line at the post office for forever. I do not recommend going there this time of year, but since we are flying up north for the holidays and can't pack all of our gifts, we have no choice but to mail some. After this I had lunch with the boys at Ruby Tuesdays. A few chips with salsa and some soup for me. We then went home to let the food settle and just hang out for a bit.

Scotty and I then drove to Sanibel Island for a holiday boat parade. This sounded like lots of fun to me, but one problem…it sounded like fun to everyone else too! There was an hour and half wait at the restaurant we wanted to eat at and we ended up not being able to see hardly any decorated boats. We chose another spot to dine at and it was well worth it. Very yummy food. We split an order of hot peel 'n eat shrimp and then I had a grilled chicken salad and Scotty had grilled mahi mahi.

We then made the hour trip back home so I could change shirts before the big GSP fight. I joke with Scotty that GSP is my pretend husband and that no one else can pull off the spandex shorts like he does, hehe.

So here was me on fight night…


I am really into dressing for the occasion. So I bought these iron-on letters and heart and transformed an ordinary gray wife-beater tank into a little shrine to GSP. It was a huge hit…and I know it was the main reason that he won ;)

Sunday we slept in late because we didn't get home from the fight until late. We actually slept past breakfast and went straight to lunch. We picked up wraps/subs at the deli and the went to Home Depot to pick out a sink for the new house…

I love it! I can't wait to see the kitchen on Wednesday when all of the appliances are in, it's going to match so great!

Sunday afternoon I made a big pot full of veggie beef soup and it was pretty yummy. I also decided to make chocolatey, peanut buttery, oaty cookies and rice crispy treats. We each had a couple of cookies and Scotty also had a couple of rice crispy treats but then I packaged the remainders up for us each to take a plate to work. I don't know about everyone else, but in my office desserts definitely get you brownie points, hehe. Here's how the cookies turned out…
YUM!

We watched football for the remained of the day and my Steelers kicked major Bengal tail. I loved it. I'm actually in the running to win the football pool money for the week, however I'm not holding my breath. That just never seems to work out for me :(

I also made it to the gym last night. We have a small gym with the essentials at our condo complex. I was feeling a little antsy and majorly piggy last night after the sweet treats, so I went for a short run and some upper body strengthening. That did the trick, I felt much better afterward.

Today is the start of a new work week and I'm going to be swamped, but I'm happy. That means this week will fly by. Thursday is my office Christmas party. We're having lunch catered in and watching Elf. We're also having a decorating contest with an ugly sweater theme. Friday evening is Scotty's office Christmas gathering, which is much more dressy. We're having dinner and cocktails at a nice waterfront bar and grill. Sooooo….that means I have to go shopping for an ugly sweater and a cute dress this week! Can't wait…guess I should get to planning for this busy week now. Ta ta!

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment