Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Like a kid in a candy store...

Thats me...a grown-up kid in a candy store (hmmm...I wish I had some candy right now). I feel like I'm just about to burst with happiness! 3 more hours and I am on holiday for the next 11 days! Woo Hoo!!! 

I almost forgot that I have to buy my cousin a gift this year...usually my Mom buys for all of her nieces and nephews, but we decided that since we are all adults now, we should be doing it ourselves instead. So all of the cousins drew names...and how terrible of a cousin would I have been if I had forgotten?????? Thankfully my sister sent me a text last night letting me know what she bought for our other cousin and that reminded me that I better get on the ball. So as soon as work is over for the day (noon time, oh yeah!), I'm headed to pick something very cute out for my cousin Mandy. I can't wait to see what she got me because she is an excellent gift picker-outer, so I am going to make sure to get her something extra-cute.


After shopping I'm going to hit the gym for 1 hour of cardio (10 minute intervals of elliptical and stair mill) and abs. Then I'll gather just a few things at the grocery store for dinner tonight and tomorrow night (thats all the cooking that I'm doing for the week!!!). I also promised that since I only have a half work day today that I would sweep the floors so Scotty can mop when he gets home. It has been prearranged in our relationship that floor cleaning is his duty (I despise all brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners), but I'm in such a good mood that it doesn't bother me to help today! When he gets off work at 5:00 I'm going to be going BACK to the gym with him. I'm going to get a full body strength training session in. I know that I can keep up my running plan while I'm up north for the holidays, but strength training might be a little more tricky. So therefore I'm going all out today to hopefully make up for it. I'm also going to squeeze in the nail salon at some point today.


Tomorrow I plan to sleep in an extra hour or so and then hit the gym right after breakfast for cardio and maybe some more core work. I'm having a lunch date with Scotty2Hottie. How fun? A lunch date on a Thursday, we never get to do this because we work about an hour away from one another. Then last minute packing and off to see the fam. So. Very. Excited!!! My Mom asked me a couple of days ago if I had any requests for meals while I'll be there...duh! I asked for grilled BBQ chicken breasts (my step-dad is a grill master), homemade pizza, chili and taco salad. My mouth is seriously watering just thinking about it. My Mom and Mimi are the best cooks in the world...and I think I'm doing a decent job at carrying on the tradition. At least when I want to be and I'm not trying to be all healthy and stuff, lol. 


It is now time for me to get to work and stare at the clock until it finally strikes 12:00 and then I'm outta here! Hope everyone has a delightful day! Ta ta for now!


Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Shoot, I'm wishing for candy too!
    Sounds like you have a terrific vacation planned. Have SO much fun with your family and enjoy all the good food!

    ReplyDelete