Monday, December 6, 2010

I've got the Monday Blues

Why? Probably because I STILL don't feel good. Maybe I should go to the doc...but I hate going to the doc. Some things are better, but some things are way worse. Today I feel like my head could explode and I can't hear out of my right ear. It feels like it needs to pop but it just won't :(   Cry me a river...seems like thats all I've been doing here lately. I slept in as late as possible this morning. My bed just felt extra cozy and warm and I would have done pretty much anything to have stayed there until at least 10am. But the real world calls, and I had to answer. I grabbed a Special K protein bar for the road, breakfast of champions. I snacked on a banana around 10:30 and now it's a quarter til 12 and I'm starving for lunch. Since I obviously didn't have time to pack a lunch, looks like I'll be hitting the deli for a whole wheat wrap loaded with veggies and maybe some roast beef, but I'm really craving mucho veggies right now. Afternoon/pre-gym snack will be a handful of almonds and a string cheese, since I already have those things here at work. Nothing too exciting, seems like I need to go grocery shopping yet again, imagine that :(   Yesterday was a fairly uneventful, yet fun day. I slept in (my favorite) and had a kind of large breakfast.
 Usually I'm not much of a meat-eater, but I was craving some turkey sausage links. And yes, I did eat all 6 of those...don't judge me, haha. They're accompanied  by some plain oatmeal sprinkled with cinnamon and honey. After breakfast I took Mercedes for a short little walk and then proceeded to get back into bed and watch some old movies. Lunch time came calling around 2:00 and like always, there wasn't much to choose from in our refrigerator/freezer/pantry. So I settled for a bag of Smart Pop popcorn in hopes that we'd be going out to dinner when Scotty got home.
And I was right...we decided on Ruby Tuesday's so we could watch football and eat at the same time. Food and football, I can't think of a better combination. We started with tortilla chips and salsa, and he had his version of a salad.

Thats right...spinach leaves, tons of ranch, sunflower seeds and shredded cheese...thats my boy. Hey, you gotta remember that he only started eating salads less than a year ago. We'll have to work on incorporating more veggies in there, and maybe a little less ranch...but I don't really think that'll ever happen. I ate a few bites of broccoli and cheese soup, but it was really salty and didn't taste so great. So, Scotty being the bottomless pit that he is ordered some chicken spring rolls...and boy was I glad he did. I ate a couple and they were pretty freakin' delish...he on the other hand ate 13...haha. We went home and listened to some tunes and then tuned in to Sunday night football to watch my boys...THE STEELERS, beat the Ravens, barely. Good game boys, and what a killer quarterback we have...thats you Mr. Roethlisberger. Playing through a fractured ankle and broken nose (that kinda grossed me out). 


I'm hitting the gym in about an hour and a half. Today's work out is 45 minutes elliptical, upper body weights and 3 miles with the doggy dog. Not sure about dinner tonight, probably another veggie pizza since I know I have all of the required ingredients...boo...I was wanting something more exciting, but I'll make do. Ta ta for now!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment