Friday, December 3, 2010

Sleeping would probably help...

So, I don't want to jinx myself, but I think I might be feeling a little better. Just a smidge though, unfortunately. Scotty told me a few days ago that he thought yesterday would be bad for me but that I would notice a huge improvement today...he was right about yesterday being terrible, but wrong about the huge improvement. If anything it's just a teeny step in the right direction, and I can't even tell if it's even that. But anyways, enough of my whining. The good news is that I was able to get in a fairly decent workout last night at the gym. I scarfed down my protein bar on the way there and jumped on the treadmill first thing. Running is more difficult right now than anything...probably because it makes my lungs feel like someone literally lit them on fire and my nose starts running uncontrollably, which is very attractive, let me tell ya. I spent 20 minutes on the treadmill and then switched to the elliptical for 20 more minutes. And guess what...I actually got in my upper body workout as well. Three sets of alternating curls, hammer curls, dumbbell presses, skull crushers, lat pull-downs, seated rows and tricep press-downs. I was pretty beat after all that...not a normal day at the gym for me, but a definite improvement over my 2 mile walk the night before.


I was so looking forward to making myself a tortilla pizza, but unfortunately we were out of mozzarella. I swear to you, we are always out of everything in our house. I just stocked up at the grocery store on Tuesday and our refrigerator is almost totally empty. Scotty can put away food like no one else I've ever known. It's kind of amazing really. I think that I eat a lot, but I will never ever in life have to worry about eating more than he does! I always say, Where do you put all of that food?!?! And his reply is, "Whit, I'm a big guy." Being a big guy is a huge deal, he would probably cry if I told him he looked skinny. Thats so funny, girls love to be called skinny, but that is the ultimate insult to a guy, well to my guy anyway.  Here is a picture of my "big guy" wearing my tube top after a long day at the beach and probably one too many rum runners.
Nothing other than my pizza sounded good but I was starving, so I just settled for a can of soup and a can of hominy. I swear, I am so weird. I bet I am one of the few people who eats that stuff, but it's like comfort food to me. My Mimi used to make fried salmon patties, fried potatoes and hominy for dinner a lot...keep in mind I am from the mid-west, hence all the fried stuff. I threw a couple of chicken breasts and sweet potatoes in the oven for Scotty, but that just didn't sound appealing to me. He is definitely a meat and potatoes kind of guy...actually he only just started eating salads earlier this year, which is shocking to me. Other than that, he won't eat much green stuff...maybe the occasional green bean. His idea of vegetables are baked potatoes and overly buttered corn.


I know I've mentioned before that we have a temporary roommate. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. Our new house was supposed to be move-in ready, but you know what happened to that. And the roommate was supposed to be living in our condo. Well, due to the current situation we are all in the condo right now. And this is not a large condo, please don't think like penthouse suite...it's a 2-bedroom, 1100 sq. ft. condo. The roommate had 2 out of town visitors last night, in addition to Scotty's buddy who is here from San Diego. Well...these out of town visitors wanted to have some fun, nothing wrong with that I guess. So they went out and had some drinks and came stumbling home at around 2:30...keep in mind that I feel like a big pile of crap and all I wanted was sleep. That just wasn't in the stars for me last night. They were soooooo loud and disrespectful I just couldn't believe it. Scott asked them repeatedly to keep it down, but I guess you don't understand the meaning of those words when you are drunk. I couldn't go back to sleep until around 4 or 4:30, and then I had to wake up at 6:00 to get ready for work. I'm not sure if this is totally true or not, but I am sure that I would be 100% well if I wouldn't have been rudely awakened last night, after all the doctor says rest is the best thing for you when you're sick. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Due to my lack of sleep last night, I was reminded of an article that I read in the December issue of Allure magazine. 

 It talks about the top 5 reasons that we might get a less than acceptable night's sleep. I realize that I am guilty of 2 that were on their list. 

 1. Pets in the bed. We let our dog go and do pretty much whatever she wants. Scott loves it for her to sleep in the bed because she is so warm it's like having a little furnace under the covers. But Allure says that dogs snore and are constantly doing something to wake us up. This is sooooooo true. My dog has nightmares...she will be completely out and start making these crazy whining, howling, barking noises in her sleep. And of course it wakes me up and I have to yell at her to stop. She also finds it necessary to groom herself in the middle of the night sometimes....ugh, the things I put up with.
2. TV too close to bed time. I am guilty of this every single night. We have our bedroom TV on from the minute we are in there until the minute our heads hit the pillows. Apparently watching TV makes you more alert, therefore inhibiting sleep. I actually find this to be a little hard to believe. If Scott would allow it I would fall asleep every night with the TV on. I like to hear a little noise in the background, I think silence creeps me out or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment