Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekend wrap-up

This weekend was a fun one. Friday night was Scotty2Hottie's office Christmas party (a picture to come later). Great food, great people, great times. I had a delicious salad to start off, followed by a chicken breast topped with roasted olives and tomatoes and topped with melted Fontina cheese (to die for), steamed veggies & mashed taters on the side. Then dessert was a slice of Key Lime pie. It was also good, but a little too tart for my taste. I even purposely didn't eat the mashed potatoes so I could have room for dessert, which might have been a mistake. After the dinner party we went to one of Scotty's co-worker's houses for the "after-party". I was the DD for the night because I had all intentions of waking up early the next morning for my race. Well...everything went as planned, almost. It was pouring down rain at 6am and call me lame, but after such a late night, I just didn't have it in me to run in a down pour. 


Instead we layed around all morning long until the rain finally let up. Around 4:00 we went to the mall to finish up some last minute Christmas shopping. Scotty got me 3 new pairs of jeans (I guess this means that some of my "old faithfuls" are getting tossed) and a pretty new dress for New Years Eve...except I already had a dress for New Years Eve, but oh well, it's always nice to have options. After the mall we went for dinner...a buffet. Scotty was starving, but thats nothing new. So he wanted a place with lots of options, and preferably all you can eat. It actually ended up being a great choice. I started with another salad and then had lemon pepper rotisserie chicken, roasted potatoes and carrots, and grilled mushrooms. It was quite tasty, and believe it or not, I skipped dessert this night. After dinner we enjoyed one of our favorite past times...free entertainment at Barnes & Noble. Thats right, we like to load our arms up with magazines and then find comfy chairs in the back of the store and proceed to sit there for hours reading the magazines, but never purchasing. Actually, I broke this rule on Saturday night. I actually bought the new issue of Runner's World and a 2011 day planner (much needed). Saturday was a rest day.


Sunday we woke up pretty early and took the pup for a short walk...it was supposed to be a long walk but I dressed in shorts and a t-shirt, not paying attention to the weather, and upon going outside, realized that it was approximately 55 degrees and windy...not a good combination. So, I didn't last very long. We went back home and put on some more layers of clothing and hit up my second home, Dunkin Donuts, for breakfast. I ordered the usual, turkey sausage egg-white flatbread (I even splurged and ate the cheese!) and an iced tea. Scotty had a blueberry muffin, turkey cheddar bacon flatbread and apple juice...did I mention I hate him? I'd literally weight 300 pounds if I ate like he did. We then proceeded to spend 2 hours at Lowe's buying supplies for the new house. This included a toilet, 2 ceiling fans, microwave, 2 bathroom faucets, and other miscellaneous things that I know nothing about installing. We then parted ways- Scotty went to actually work on the house, while I went to the condo to work on dinner. I was starving but decided to just graze for lunch. I had a pear and a half and some mountain trail mix (my fav kind). I also started on the veggie beef soup for dinner, which turned out mah-volous. 
 (this is it in the to-go bowl that I take to work, with a classy plastic spoon)

I ate 2 bowls for dinner while watching football...and poor, poor me (and all other Steeler's fans)...our boys lost yesterday, and to make it worse- the Ravens won. We now have even records and need to win out the rest of this season to ensure a play-off spot. After my boys lost the game I was furious and in a really foul mood. Luckily it was only 7:00pm so our condo gym was still open. I got there about 7:30pm and did 45 minutes on the treadmill, lat pull-downs, seated rows, bar press-downs, curls, overhead presses, stability ball crunches and front/lateral raises. After that, I was only a little sad...


I went home and continued to mope a little and read some of my "Health Care Marketing" textbook. Did I mention that I am still working on my B.S. Degree...if all goes as planned I should be done by summer time...fingers crossed. 


Monday came way too soon...I woke up a little later than planned, but whats new? I ate another turkey sausage flatbread from DD on my way to work, except this time I skipped the cheese to save a few calories. Lunch was left over soup and dinner will probably be the same. I'm hitting the gym on the way home from work for lots of elliptical, a little treadmill and a tad of stair mill. I hit the weights pretty hard last night, so probably no weight training today. 


Well, thats my weekend wrap up...hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and is looking forward to the holidays as much as I am :)


Ta ta for now!  Oh and PS--I purchased the new Shape magazine on my lunch break. Brooke Burke is on the cover...she's amazing and gorgeous. Can't wait to go home and read it (although I should actually be studying)! And the bad news is that at the same time I was purchasing the magazine, I also purchased a box of Red Hots...so I am munching on those as I write this...oh well, it Christmas time!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment