Monday, January 3, 2011

Backstreet's back...alright!

The sad thing is that they actually are…I saw them on TV New Year's Eve with Ryan Seacrest. I was never a fan…N'Sync stole my heart at first sight. But this is all besides the point, what I was really getting at is that I AM BACK! hehe…I took a extra long break from blogging and pretty much the real world all together, but now its "back to the grind". I had an excellent Christmas vacation. It started out with my mom picking us up at the airport in The Lou. The next day we had lunch at my Mimi and Papaw's (yes that sounds very childish but I will refer to them by these names until the day I die) house with the Aunt & Uncle and cousins. We played a game called Apples to Apples, mucho fun…I recommend it. Then we all headed a little south to my Mimi's entire family gathering. This includes great aunts and uncles, cousins, second cousins, third cousins, etc. Don't be a hater like the Scottster, I REALLY am related to all those people, haha. That night we went to midnight church service and came home and guess what? Santa had come! My little bro got to open all his gifts and then the old boring adults went last. I got some really cool things…Steelers gear (long sleeved shirt and sweat pants), STL Cardinals gear, a flat iron case, CD, some pretty sweet socks, a new Nike work out outfit, an amazing new camera (from my true love!)…and I know that I'm leaving lots out, but those are just some of my favorites. Oh! I also got some Moroccan hair oil and new Bare Minerals makeup…if you don't wear this stuff, I would definitely recommend anyone trying it. They've just come out with a new matte finish foundation which is absolute perfection for my semi-oily skin. Loves it!

The next morning we went to Scotty's parents house and opened gifts with his family. Then his dad's brothers and sisters and their kids came over for lunch and games. The next morning we went to the gym together and I drove on back to the Show-Me state to spend a few more days with my fam. Then on Thursday they drove me back up to The Lou to meet Scottster and his mom's family for more Christmas celebrations. We flew back to the Sunshine State on New Years Eve and were pooped upon arrival. How do you know your old? When you eat dinner and go home and watch Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest on New Years Eve.

So here we are, back in the real world. I had a fantabulous time up north, got to see snow and spend some wonderful relaxing time with family, but it's kind of nice to be back to normalcy. I did some pretty extreme eating for myself…including mexican food, pizza, cheesy breakfast casserole, an all-you-can eat buffet, cookies, chocolate covered pretzels, lasagna, potato chips…and many others that shall remain nameless. I did try to squeeze in some runs here and there, but nothing like usual. I decided that it was more important spending time enjoying my family rather than ensuring I didn't gain a pound.

I also took New Years day off from exercising, except for the 4 mile walk with Mercedes (who was overjoyed to see us when we returned from vacation…thats the greatest thing about dogs!). Yesterday I did a quick 30 minutes on the stair climber, some reps on the old faithful ab lounge, and about a 2.5 mile walk with the pup. I do feel as though I've been slacking, so I'm just about to pee my pants in excitement to get in the gym this evening.

And speaking of training, I've got a new plan. As much as I do love running and know that one day I will train for a half marathon/marathon…now is not the time. One of my goals for 2011 is to compete in a fitness competition. So what does that mean? Continue with the card, but lots more strength training. I'm going to enter in the bikini division because I don't want to get too bulked up or veiny looking. This is something that I've been thinking about for quite some time and I'm really excited and feel really ready to start. The down side- It also means diet modification. Not sure how I'll handle that part. I'm going to have to incorporate more protein and less carbs, which is my favorite food group. But I'm going to give it a whirl and I'll obviously keep my blog updated with my progress :)  Here are some pics from vacation…









From top to bottom: Me & Scotty, Me in the middle with my 2 cousins, Mimi & Papaw (the best grandparents EVER!), Scotty playing with Jack's gift, Jack with the sweetest puppy, Me with the puppy, Me with my bro and sis, and me with my momma. 


Hope that everyone had an excellent 2010 and that 2011 is even better! Ta ta for now!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment