Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mission impossible

My mission: a 10:00 bed time, mission failed.


I started writing a paper for school at about 9:00 and had the intention of only working on it for about 30 minutes and then finishing up today. Well, that definitely did not go as planned. I was on a roll and didn't want to stop the creative juices from flowing, so I kept at it...until 11:30. Then, when I was finished I just couldn't fall asleep. I think it was finally lights out around 12:15. And to top it all off I had to wake up at 5:45am. Thankfully I showered last night and was able to just spray a bunch of crap in my hair and throw it on top of my head. Not the best look for me, but hey, it'll do.
Holy forehead, this picture reminds me why I have bangs and should always leave them down rather than pulled back!

On a more positive note, my 5 miler felt amazing yesterday. I'm going to steadily try to increase my mileage. Who knows? If I keep working at it maybe I will be able to fit that half marathon in at some point. Is it just me, or does anyone else seem to sweat more than you'd think is humanly possible? And it's not only the sweat for me, but my face turns BRIGHT RED after about 1 mile (see exhibit A). I could not even be working that hard and it still happens .I always had this issue playing sports growing up as well. People would ask me, "are you okay?" and I'm like "yeah, totally fine, why?" and their like "because you look like you're about to die." I don't get it, oh well.


After the gym I was starved but the pickin's were slim at home so I just threw together what I could find. Stir fried veggies sprinkled with shredded cheese. Turned out pretty darn tasty and was actually surprisingly filling. 

I also had a granny smith apple for an evening snack.


I think that work is going to fly by today because I have so much to do. After work I've got a couple more errands to run and some more stuff to drop off at the new house. Then it's time to get my sweat on. The agenda includes a 2.5 mile walk before dinner (this is to make sure that I actually do it), 40+ minutes stair climber, squats, Sumo squats, lunges, reverse lunges, leg lifts, bicycle crunches and regular crunches.


Today's breakfast had to be eaten in the car, and I just couldn't think of a better excuse to stop by Dunkin' Donuts (seems like forever since I'd been there...okay, okay only 2 days, but it feels like eternity).
Thats a turkey sausage flatbread sandwich, minus the cheese, for only 250 calories! And coffee of course.

 I did manage to find time to pack some almonds for a mid-morning snack and a bag of microwave pop corn and other goodies for lunch. That might not be enough to hold me over til dinner though, so I'll probably be making a trip to the grocery store. Well I'm off to be productive! Ta ta for now!

Whitney



No comments:

Post a Comment