Friday, January 7, 2011

TGIF

Oh my...I'm exhausted and SOOOO glad that its Friday! It's Friday! It's Friday! (doing favorite happy dance right now)


I know it's only been a week, but I'm happy to report that I've stuck to my workout plan and food plan to a T. However, I am thinking of tweaking it a little (mainly the workout)...but we'll see.


Have you noticed that your taste buds change over time? Mine sure have. I've always loved salad and most veggies, even as a little kid. But one thing that I could NEVER, EVER stand is beans. That is beans of almost any kind, except green beans, and I don't even really think those count. I even make bean-less chili. But recently, I have discovered that there are a couple of types of beans that I love...one that I might even be considered obsessed with. These 2 little gems are called black beans and garbanzo beans. 


Back in the summer we went to Cabbage Key, a little island in the gulf only accessible by boat, for lunch. It was a beautiful boat ride out there but I wasn't expecting much from the food (lots of time "beach food" is less than average). I was excited for the scenery and being in the restaurant in general. It's rumored that this little place is where Jimmy Buffet wrote "Cheeseburger in Paradise". The food turned out to be excellent! I had an order of peel 'n eat shrimp and black beans and rice...and so began my love affair with black beans.
Aerial view of Cabbage Key
The restaurant at Cabbage Key Inn

I don't even know how I discovered my passion for garbanzo beans to be honest. All I know is that I can open a can and eat them straight outta there. I eat them sauteed with other veggies and meats, on salads, you name it. It also helps that they are packed with protein. I used them in dinner last night...
Thats garbanzos, mushrooms and diced tomatoes. I ate it with a couple of eggs, and a bowl of oatmeal (sounds weird, but I am actually starting to get use to this sort of diet plan and I kinda like it).
I'm like jelly, on a roll this week with getting up early and making time to cook and eat breakfast. I had 2 eggs with more oatmeal and made my Scotty-pie an egg and cheese samich. He was still sleeping so I just sat it next to his face on the bed...how lucky? How many people actually get breakfast in bed?

Last night I got one heck of an upper body work out in. I started off the first set of each exercise with light weight and exhausting the muscle until I couldn't do any more reps. The next 2 sets of each exercise I upped the weight and did lower reps. It was tiring! I also made sure to get my cardio in. Today is legs which I almost hate as much as abs. I'd rather eat dirt than do a squat. But I'ma rock it today, along with my cardio. 

Not sure what this weekend has in store--hopefully some boating on this bad boy (seems like forever since we've been out)

And some quality time with 2 of my favorite peeps...
Well, off to get this day goin'! Happy Friday to all! Ta ta for now...

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment