Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh happy day

Good Morning Blog World!

I am in an extraordinarily good mood today and I have no idea why. I woke up early  this morning and once again had plenty of time to prepare a protein-packed breakfast of 2 eggs and a tablespoon of peanut butter…what? That doesn't go together you say? I AGREE! The plan was to have eggs and oatmeal, but I had the brilliant idea of adding vanilla protein to my plain oatmeal…yuck! Do not try this at home, I repeat, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! I think I've come to the conclusion that the only way I can tolerate protein powder is if it is thoroughly blended into a shake with water, ice, peanut butter and maybe a little banana. I also tried it as a snack yesterday afternoon shaken with some icy cold water (the Scottster's suggestion) and almost hurled. It just has the worst after taste. So, back on track, I couldn't eat the oatmeal and decided to replace it with a spoon full of peanut butter.

Yesterday's cardio was cut a bit short (5 minutes) because for the first time in my life I experienced knee pain-weird...and popping every time I bent it. I didn't want to push it, so I'll just add those lost 5 minutes on to today's routine. Everything feels fine today, so thats a relief. Surprisingly, I didn't let the knee pain prevent me from doing my ab workout (I mean, knee pain sounds like a good excuse to keep myself from doing crunches)…and it felt great, I can already feel those little ablets starting to pop…right.

The meal plan for today goes as follows:
Breakfast- Eggs & peanut butter (not mixed together)
Snack- Handful almonds (This was my snack yesterday...eaten right off of my desk...this is kind of disgusting. I heard once that there are less germs on a toilet seat than on the average person's desk! Would it really be that hard for me to get off my butt and grab a plate or at least a napkin to put them on, I don't think so.)

Lunch- Leftover lean ground beef stir fry from dinner and cup of brown rice
Snack- Apple and 3 pieces beef jerky
Dinner- Lean ground beef burger, steamed broccoli, brown rice

The work out for today goes like this:
50+ minutes on the treadmill
Alternating curls, hammer curls, concentration curls, lateral pull downs, seated rows, lateral bar press downs, kickbacks, skull crushers, overhead presses, bent over row, lateral/side raises…maybe even a few stability ball crunches if my knee doesn't hurt too bad.

On a positive note, I had a salad from Subway for lunch yesterday and it was pretty delightful. I ordered it with extra turkey on top to up the protein content, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, light vinegar and oil, and veggies.

It tasted great, but didn't leave me satisfied for long. On the other hand, a more negative note, I also drank a diet coke with this salad. But, trying to be more optimistic--I'm not going to beat myself up about it because it was my first one since Sunday. Hopefully I can hold off on having another until this coming Sunday (that'd be a miracle).

Well, I'm off to do some work now. Hope it's a productive day for us all! Ta ta for now!

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment