Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The 2011 Plan

I've had this plan in my head for quite some time now but I figure if I put it out there for the world to see then I'll be more likely to stick to it! So here goes...


I love having fitness goals to work towards, it makes exercising seem even more worth while. Without a goal I become quickly demotivated and lazy. 

The workout schedule-
Monday: 45 minutes treadmill, light arms
Tuesday: 50 minutes cross train, light legs
Wednesday: 60 minutes spin class, abs
Thursday: 45 minutes treadmill, heavy arms
Friday: 50 minutes cross train, heavy legs
Saturday: 45 minutes treadmill (or short race), abs
Sunday: Rest


Because I hate ab work, I plan on hitting it MUCH harder this year to try and force myself to love it (plus thats an extremely important part of a fitness competitor's physique)...so I'll be incorporating 1 abdominal exercise on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday as well. Wednesday and Saturday will be full ab workouts.  If I could get my abs to look half as good as this...
...I'd be happier than a pig in mud!

I'm aiming for a competition in May. Because I don't need to lose much weight in order to be comparable to the competitors that I've researched, I will probably cut back on the cardio around March and incorporate more intense weight training to gain a little more definition.


The food plan (blah...the worst part)-
Most days I'm going to try to wake up and do my cardio on an empty stomach, except for Wednesdays.
Breakfast- Oats or whole wheat toast and eggs (primarily just the whites) scrambled with fresh veggies.
Snack- Handful almonds
Lunch- Big green salad with lean protein
Snack- Spoon of peanut butter with half banana
Dinner- Veggies with lean protein and small serving of a complex carb


I'll also be trying to slowly wean myself from diet soda as much as I hate to. This will most definitely be a slow process because I think I could have a love affair with an icy cold diet coke. I'll be sticking to LOTS of water and teas....and vitamins. I've been taking daily probiotics (I've got a kind of wacky digestive system), vitamin C & echinacea (for a strong immune system), and Juice Plus (endorsed by the Scottster's mom who is a dietician) which is an excellent multivitamin. 


My goal is to one day be able to compete with these 2 ladies...I better get on the ball, thats a lofty goal!



On a not so vein note, I do have some goals, or "resolutions" if you will for other areas in my life.


1- FINALLY graduate. I've been slowly chipping away at it for 5 years now and it is definitely time to get it over with. I'm on track to do this around summer time.
2- Become a regular church goer. I was raised in church my whole life but for some reason, probably sheer laziness, I haven't carried that with me to Florida. But that is going to change starting this Sunday at 9am! So get ready Scotty because you're coming with!
3- Get promoted at work. Not too much to say about this one. I've just got to keep doing what I'm doing and keep learning and I think this will come.
4- Be more charitable.
5- Volunteer for a good cause.
6- Get certified to teach spin.

I plan to revisit this list often througout this year. I find that if I don't the time flies by and it's already another new year and I haven't gotten much accomplished. So, hopefully I won't bore you with my check-ins.


That should do it for now...wow, going back and reading this makes me tired already...too bad I can't have a diet coke! Here's to a wonderful day ahead! Ta ta for now!


Whitney





1 comment:

  1. Hi there, thanks for the follow ;)
    Wow, that´s quite a goal, but I´m sure you can get there! can´t wait to read about your journey, this will be of a great motivation.

    ReplyDelete