Thursday, January 13, 2011

Health/Fitness website & research

As you know, I am really trying to up the protein in my diet. It's hard to keep track of but I found this really handy site that tracks all of the nutritional values in your diet you can think of and its FREE. Check it out here. I enter all of my meals for the day there and it magically tells me how many calories, grams of fat, protein content, sodium, etc, etc....basically anything you could want to know. I never really tried to be a calorie counter before because I think that its just too difficult, but this is a great way to see just exactly what your caloric intake is. I was pretty pleased with mine and I'm very pleased with how I've been increasing my protein. This site allows you to look up each food item individually and build your meals. It also has food from just about every restaurant you can think of. Hope you all find it as helpful as I have!

I also did some research yesterday because I've heard conflicting reports on how much water per day is an adequate amount. Probably the best advice that I read was for an active person that works out almost every day, you should drink 75% of your weight in ounces of water. Sounds like a good rule of thumb to me. I've also really been working on that area, drinking over 3 liters per day for the past couple of weeks. Love the way it makes me feel, but hate the way I'm in the bathroom constantly!


Whitney

1 comment: