Saturday, January 22, 2011

Lazy Bones Saturday

I'm being a major bum today. But that's okay because its the weekend and you are supposed to relax right? I stayed in bed later than I had planned on. This is probably because my alarm ring tone goes like this "Here we go Steelers, Here we go! (repeat)"...so when I hit the snooze button I fall back asleep feeling like I'm in the middle of all the action at Heinz Field...such a dork. When I finally drug myself out of bed I brewed some coffee. Yes, hell has frozen over and I brewed my own coffee. I'm actually kind of proud of myself for that one. I usually throw a few bucks down the drain every single day by buying my delicious caffeine fix from Dunkin' Donuts, but I'm trying something new...it's called a budget. I'm hoping to get a new car within the next few months so I'm going to be saving every little bit that I can until then. And yes, even those few dollars for daily coffee add up. I usually hate making my own coffee because I've found in the past that I really suck at it and it just isn't the same as having someone else do it for you. But I did a darn good job today. Not sure what I did differently than in the past, maybe it's the new creamer? But I'm going to keep at it! You can see my mah-velous creation pictured here with my breakfast of eggs and turkey sausage links.

I think I might have accidentally consumed a little too much of my favorite vice because I found myself with a belly ache shortly after...not to mention feeling a little jittery. The gym was supposed to come pretty much directly after breakfast, but due to my illness (ha!) I'm procrastinating with laundry, housework and blogging until I feel better.


Lunch today is going to be light and quick because I really am getting a work out in, promise. It's deli meat, provolone and lettuce rollups for me. I'll probably have a quick afternoon snack before hitting the nail salon. My mouth is actually already watering for dinner though. I'm trying out a new baked chicken salad recipe for dinner. It's low-carb and looks mighty appetizing. Stay tuned for the review! 

More good news...I had intended on putting off my half marathon until way far in the future. But it just so happens that I had a friend invite me to train for a triathlon with her earlier in the week. I actually thought about it for 2.5 seconds but then declined. Swimming is really not my thing in any way, shape or form. I'm pretty friggin' terrible at it actually and I just don't have any desire to get better or learn the proper form. Plus, other than spinning class I hate bikes too. I swear, almost every day I hear about someone in this darn city getting ran over on a bike or while walking/running. This is probably why I prefer the treadmill over road running as well. So, I respectfully declined and mentioned to her that I was planning on training for a half...and possibly even a full towards the end of the year. We talked about it for a bit and she decided to join me instead of training for her triathlon. How exciting??? So...I may be re-prioritizing my New Years resolutions yet again. Our race is in April...the Iron Girl Half in Clearwater, FL. I'm so excited! We're going to make a little mini-weekend-vacay out of it! So, thats the exciting news. The not-so-exciting news is that there just isn't enough time in the day, or energy in my body, to train for both distance running and muscle gain. I think that I will be putting off my contest until the fall or winter, which I am okay with just as long as I get both things in before the end of the year. 

Now that I've bored you all to death with that little rant, I'm off to finish up my chores and then sweat it out on the stairs. Ta ta for now...if I don't post tomorrow it's only because I'm so darn nervous/excited about FOOTBALL!!! Call me crazy, I know. However, if it is a Steelers win tomorrow night...I will most definitely have a victory post. And, if it's a Steelers loss, you might not hear from me again for quite some time.


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment