Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Baby it's cold outside

Holy cow, I thought I lived in Florida! It is downright chilly today. Probably not compared to where some of you are, but for us Floridians it's pretty darn miserable...and windy too, which just makes it that much worse. Unfortunately the heat is broken in the office and although the property manager has been promising that it would be fixed soon (like a month ago)...still nothing. So I'm bundled up in a cozy sweater and trying to tough it out. 


My work out plan was derailed last night by other important matters involving the new house. I did manage to get 35 minutes in on my stair climber at home. I'll seriously have to take a picture of this piece of work for you guys. It is totally ancient but still manages to kick my booty. I love that thing and will keep it til it no longer stands upright. I also did TONS and I do mean TONS of squats, lunges and some lower-body pilates exercises, regular crunches and scissor crunches. My not-yet-existent abs were burning after those and it felt so good.


I'm not even going to bore you with my eats for the day because it's pretty much the same as yesterday. 


I'm starting to get a little nervous because the future in-laws are going to be here tomorrow night and there is still so much to do. Scotty is picking up our new mattress tonight, which we will probably be sleeping on in the floor this weekend. His sister will probably also be sleeping on a mattress on the floor, but at least the parentals will have a normal bed! I'm hoping that we have enough time to get the living room furniture moved in because sitting on cold tile doesn't sound too appealing to me...and maybe the kitchen table and chairs...we all love to play cards and that is much easier at a table than on the floor.


We plan to go to a movie while they are here, possibly some bowling... and boating (if we can suck it up and not freeze in the cold air), and DEFINITELY LOTS OF FOOTBALL WILL BE WATCHED. Although I'm not sure where this is going to occur...you see, I called to schedule cable/internet installation yesterday and they can't come until NEXT FRIDAY! Ahhh...I guess we'll see if we can all make it through the weekend without killing each other! It's also going to be a toughie to stick to my diet plan over the weekend. Of course when you are on vacation you like to go out to eat a lot, which is definitely what we do when they are in town. It's going to be a big test for me but I think I can handle it! Hope everyone is staying warm and the good news is that it's Hump Day...I can see the weekend in sight! Yay! Ta ta for now!


Whitney
PS-I promise to post pictures tomorrow, even if it is of something totally unrelated to the post...maybe then you won't die from boredom while reading this.

3 comments:

  1. how about watch football at a bar or place like applebees/friday's? we're a little jealous you're in FL though - we just got tons of snow last night here in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably what we'll end up doing...which would be fine for any of the games other than the Steelers. I'm such a huge fan though that I tend to make a fool out of myself when the game is on and I don't want to look like a crazy person in public...but I guess I'll have to "take one for the team"! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are definitely perks to being able to watch your fav games at home, I definitely prefer to.

    I agree 100% that it is freezing in Florida, even though there is no snow, I was bundled up in uggs and a ski jacket just to walk the dog this morning! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete