Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend wrap up: the good, the bad and the ugly...

The good: Beautiful day of boating, lots of work done on the new house, indulging a little, quality time with Scotty's folks, car cleaned out, a Steeler's victory!!!!


The bad: still more work to be done on the new house, my meatloaf wasn't the best its ever been & I was a little lacking on the workout front.


The ugly: I'm injured…from boating of all things!


Overall I give this weekend an A+. Friday night I was talked out of going to the gym because everyone was starving and couldn't wait until 7:30 to eat dinner. So, much to my dismay I gave in. We had a fabulous dinner…bar-b-que grilled chicken, brown rice and grilled green beans for me…delish. We then went TV shopping which was a total surprise…I knew that we needed a new one, but didn't think we'd buy it this soon.
(surprisingly this picture makes it look so small but it's really huge!)

Saturday I made sure to get in 45 minutes on the treadmill, copious amounts of squats, lunges, leg lifts and ab exercises. I lay on the floor on my back and make Scotty stand over me throwing my feet to the ground and the goal is to keep them from hitting the floor and bring them back up for him to slam to the ground again…talk about a sore tummy. I highly recommend this exercise for lower abs though, it is amazing.


We then had a huge fiasco with Direct TV…they were supposed to be there to install our service at 9am and guess what time they arrived????? 3:00pm!!! I was about to start chewing my nails off because the football game started at 4:30! But he finally got there and had everything installed in about 45 minutes so I could breathe easy. I made beef meatloaf and turkey meatloaf, green beans, baked potatoes and corn for dinner. It was good, but definitely not my best. I always add red pepper flakes to it because Scotty and I like our food on the spicy side…apparently this isn't a good idea as far as the in-laws are concerned. His mom was choking it down with water after every bite…my bad. I may have accidentally had my brain a little too much on the football game as I was preparing it and added a little too much. Speaking of the game…WOW! Was that ever a nail-biter?!?!?!? Not that I ever doubted them…yeah right…we were losing 21-7 at half time! But made an amazing come back and ended up winning! Now it's on the the Jets this coming Sunday!!! CAN'T WAIT! I promise to try and not post about football every day this week but you can guarantee that it's pretty much all I'll be thinking about!


After the game, I was so pumped that I decided to treat the family to Dairy Queen (bad, bad girl!). I hadn't had an Oreo blizzard since high school I swear…and it was well worth it. Plus, I figure I probably burned off all of those calories while pacing around my living room and jumping off the couch during the game.


Sunday was B-E-A-utiful so we took the boat out for a cruise. Only Scotty's sister and dad came with…his mom can't handle the noise of our boat. I may be weird, but this "noise" I speak of is like music to my ears, it's like a muscle car on water…you just can't beat the sound of 1000 horse power in my book. We drove to a nice little water front restaurant and had lunch, a ginormous salad for me with a few bites of chili, and then we just headed back home. I caught some pics of a few dolphins, which was what Scotty's dad was hoping for, so all was well. Now, onto the bad…I'm sure your curious about my boating injury right? Well, this is pretty embarrassing to admit. We were getting ready to tie up to the dock so Scotty could go get the boat trailer. My job is to stand on the front of the boat as he pulls up close and tie the rope around the dock post to anchor us there. The wind was starting to pick up and as Scotty was getting close to the dock it started to blow us in the opposite direction. So I leaned a little too far to throw my rope over the post…so far that I fell in the water!!! Not a good idea in January…did I mention that I was fully clothed in jeans and a sweater? And that the water is a mere 60 degrees? It was approximately 10 feet deep, so I was fully submerged, head to toe. I popped up and couldn't breathe because the water was frigid! Thankfully 2 guys were standing on the dock and pulled me to safety fairly quickly. Of course it was not only embarrassing, but also pretty freaking' painful. I tried to grab on to the railing on the front of the boat to prevent myself from falling all the way in and managed to bang my elbow up pretty good and almost pull my arm out of socket I think…my shoulder, bicep and forearm are all SO sore today. Looks like I will be taking a few days off from the weights! But overall, I'd say it could have been much worse…and I've learned a very important lesson…be patient and don't try to force it! Boating can be very dangerous!


I'm glad that we had a really nice visit with the Scottster's family…will post pictures tomorrow! Just too busy to upload them last night. But I'm also glad to be back to the routine of things and cooking versus always eating out! Here's to a great week for everyone…I'm already counting down the hours til it's the weekend again!


Ta ta!
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment