Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Is it Friday yet?

What? It's only hump day? Arghhhh...


I am so sleepy today and very unmotivated. What in the heck is wrong with me? Could it be the fact that I didn't get to bed until 11:30? Why yes, I'm sure thats it. 


Last night was a very pleasant night however. After the gym (50 minutes treadmill, followed by lower body weights instead of upper body like I had planned on), I went to the grocery store, spent way too much money, and headed home. Almost as soon as I got the groceries loaded in the trunk and got in the driver's seat, the skies opened up. It poured! Which is extremely unusual for southwest Florida this time of year. It was raining so hard and the wind was howling like crazy. I could hardly see the road as I was driving and I was afraid my car was going to fly off the road. After a really slow crawl home I was able to back my car into the garage...wow, was that the most amazing thing or what? I'm used to hauling $150 worth of groceries up 4 floors...this usually takes 2 trips if Scotty isn't home to help. But yesterday it was a walk in the park, even in the rain. I have to say this could be one of the best parts about having a house now. I whipped up a big, leafy green salad for myself and a small burger patty and used the rest of the ground beef to make my babes some beef stroganoff. We ate dinner with the patio doors open listening to the rain pour down. It was very refreshing and relaxing...that was until we were ready to watch a little TV and we discovered that our beloved Direct TV was down due to the weather...boo. This was probably a blessing in disguise though because I knew I had to get some studying done, and Scotty will take any excuse to play a game of football on his Xbox 360. 


After study time and finally a little TV time we made it to bed around 11:30...poor decision. I'm paying for it today. I woke up a little late this morning and only had time to whip up some celery sticks with PB, lots of PB, and some coffee for breakfast. I had my morning snack of almonds but my belly is already growling for lunch. I've definitely learned that I need something substantial for breakfast or else it's hard to get going.


Gym today is 30 minutes elliptical, 30 minutes treadmill and upper body weights/abs. Dinner is looking like either turkey kielbasa with mixed veggies or maybe breakfast food. I'll leave it up in the air for now and decide when I get home depending on how I'm feeling then. More studying is on the plate for this evening as well...thats a big thumbs down. I can't wait for this whole school thing to be over with!


For now, I'll leave you with a couple of pictures from Sunday before the football game.
That's me, anxiously waiting for the game to start.
And there's Scotty, totally relaxed waiting for the game to start.


Boring, I know, but thats all I've got today. Ta ta for now!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment