Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's all about the food...and a tiny confession

I'm feeling much more energized today. Probably because I got a lot more sleep last night...and because I had coffee with breakfast...and I'm having coffee right now (there was my confession). I know I'm consuming way more coffee today than I have a right to, but that's just the kind of mood I'm in I guess. Call it my version of being rebellious. I was also being a tad rebellious when it came to the gym last night. When I left work I was still feeling totally blah and unmotivated, so I decided to postpone my workout until later in the evening. I went for cooking dinner first instead and I think it was a good choice.


When it came to cooking dinner I felt a little adventurous. I was inspired by a few other blogs to try...tofu. I made the purchase a couple of days ago at the grocery store, completely uneducated on what type to buy. Who knew there were so many different types of tofu? I settled on the light, firm kind. I googled a few different tofu recipes and decided that I would start off with something seemingly unoffensive- scrambled tofu. I modified the recipe some and ended up with this...
Who knew that something so plain and boring looking could be so tasty?! I started by "smashing" half the block of tofu (only 100 calories!) to get most of the water out. I cubed it up and put it in a skillet that I had coated with olive oil cooking spray. Once it was starting to brown a little I added in a couple of egg whites, chopped green onion and fresh mushrooms. I let it all simmer for a lil bit and then topped it with some grated parmesan. A nice big leafy green salad was enjoyed on the side as well. Totally yummy, easy and healthy.


I knew that H-E-double hockey sticks would have to freeze over before the Scottster would eat this with me...so this is what I whipped up for him...
Baked pork chops, baked potato and corn...what can I say? He's a mid-western boy through and through. And yes, don't hate on him...that is a big blob of ketchup on his plate. He eats ketchup on everything but cereal- Ok that might be a little extreme, but seriously...he'll douse a $30 steak with ketchup. I've tried telling him that this is sort of a slap in the face to the cook, but he likes what he likes I guess.

After letting my food settle a bit I was finally in the mood to get my sweat on. Scotty had to go back to work to finish a few things up, so I drove over to our condo complex (am I still allowed to do this since we technically don't live there anymore? Who cares, we're still paying for it so I'm still gonna do it) and decided to use the gym there. I knew I had some major iron pumping to do (haha) and I really hate doing this at my real gym...there's usually a bunch of 'roided up guys there that make me sorta intimidated. Anyways...I started off with 53 minutes on the treadmill. I had planned on starting out with the elliptical, but the treadmill was calling my name. 
After that I had a killer upper body workout. I can really tell that my hard work is paying off. I'm lifting more weight and I'm beginning to see a little bump on the bicep that I think might be a muscle...I'll see if I can snap a pic sometime before it deflates.


I did manage to get in about 45 minutes of studying before taking a shower and hitting the sack...can't believe how the night flew by and I didn't even watch any TV except for a little American Idol on the treadmill. That show is just not even entertaining to me any more.


I came to work with skank hair today because I didn't wake up in time to wash it. I had actually intended on making it look sorta cute and presentable but that just wasn't in the cards. At least I had time to whip up a delicious and nutritious breakfast...aka 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg with some veggies. Unfortunately I didn't have time to eat it all, but I made sure to gobble up all the eggs...I'm really working on upping that protein intake. 
I'm getting excited because tomorrow we're hitting up the MIA...and I get to leave work an hour early! Woo Hoo, starting the weekend off right. I'm not really into the NBA but I'm pretty stoked about seeing some of these big name guys. 

Ok--back to the real world now, so long bloggy land. Ta ta!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment