Monday, January 10, 2011

Just another manic Monday

One of my coworkers said that this morning and I thought it was a very fitting title for today's post.


Don't even get me started on my morning, that would not be a good idea. As you know, we have a temporary roommate. He's a good friend of my Scotty's from back in Illinois. They've been friends forever and we decided that we'd let him stay in our condo over the winter (as he wants to try out snow-birding at the ripe old age of 29, lucky). We were planning on being in our house by now which would make this whole situation much less complicated. But instead, we are all 3 living in a fairly small 2 bedroom condo…one big happy family, right? Wrong! See, I guess most other 24 year olds would probably consider me a granny, but I'm not much of a partier…at all. I do enjoy dancing and shakin' my groove thang, even having a few drinks every now and then, but this is usually reserved for special occasions, e.g. birthdays, New Years (except for this year), 4th of July, Memorial Day (other big boating holidays). I'm not exactly used to someone getting wasted and coming home at 3 am being very disrespectful…and this is not just a one time thing, although it bothered me more than usual today. Today, there was another person involved. The "roomie" has a friend in from out of town and they decided to go live it up last night. Scotty was even nice enough to drop them off at the bar so they would only have to pay for a taxi back. How do they repay us/him? By coming in and slamming doors, watching TV, leaving lights & fans on all night, talking extremely loud and just being downright disrespectful. I also discovered a half eaten pizza, gatorades and open bags of chips on my kitchen counter this morning when I went to make breakfast…I DO NOT COOK IN A DIRTY KITCHEN. 

Thats just gross…so I tried to move all of their crap around or work around it, but it most definitely wasn't a pleasant cooking experience or morning in general. You'd think it'd be over as soon as I walked out the door right? Well, I decided to take the stairs down to my car this morning instead of the elevator, and what did I find strategically placed on the stair case between the 2nd and 3rd floors of our building? Thats right…vomit. Obviously someone had a little too much fun, serves them right if you ask me. But how immature and stupid can you be? We live in a condo community full of retired people. Scott and I would never do something like that and I think that all of our neighbors know that, but it just irks the heck out of me that someone living in my house would. SO…needless to say, I am glad to be at work today and away from those guys.

New subject- I've begun to tweak my work out plan. The latest and greatest goes as follows: 45 minutes of cardio Monday through Saturday. Four sets of 3-4 upper body and 3-4 lower body exercises daily. The first 2 sets will be performed with lower weight and higher reps, the following 2 sets will be higher weight and lower reps. I'm also going to do 2 ab exercises daily.

Eats for today include: A very grumpy 2 eggs and bowl of oats for breakfast, serving of almonds for a morning snack, shredded baked chicken with green peas, mushrooms and brown rice for lunch, 4 slices of chicken with a rice cake for an afternoon snack, medium apple with Tbsp. peanut butter pre-workout, and lean ground beef stir fried with garbanzos, diced tomato and green chillis and mushrooms for dinner.

After dinner we are going to pick up a new bed for one of our guest rooms. I hated to do it, but I made a compromise with the Scottster that he can put this huge cherry wood desk in there (which I hate) but now the bed for that room doesn't match, so we had to get a new one. We're also going to start cleaning up in the new house this evening because we are actually going to be spending a few nights there this weekend while his fam is in town…we can't expose them to the nightmare that is living in our condo. Well, that is all the negativity I will burden you with for now. Off to drink a diet coke to improve my mood (darn it, there I go breaking one my rules!).

Ta ta,

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment