Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Woo-hoo for Wednesday

That "woo-hoo" is meant to be said aloud in a very high-piched way...kinda like Vicky on Real Housewives of the O.C.


I'm so excited that this week is seeming to fly by which is very surprising with the lack of sleep that I've been experiencing. Speaking of lack of sleep, I did it again. I had errands to run after work last night so I didn't get home until around 7:00pm. I was famished, so decided to eat dinner pre-work out, which I hate doing because then I have to sit there for at least an hour to let my food digest before working out.
 Instead of breakfast food for dinner like I had intended, I just threw together all the veggies I could find into a salad bowl and topped with Zesty Italian and Parmesan Cheese, pretty tasty and quick.

I decided to be semi-productive in this hour and make a trip to the new house to drop off some new purchases (this new house thing is becoming VERY expensive). My after work errands actually consisted of buying a new set of living room tables, 2 end tables and a coffee table, that I found on craigslist. I LOVE finding awesome deals on craigslist. We've actually bought a few pieces of furniture from there and all has turned out fabulous so far.

The couple that I bought the tables from lived in this amazing condo right on the beach with a view to die for. I didn't want to creep them out by taking a picture in their home, so I snapped this one as I was arriving there. Storm rolling in off the Gulf of Mexico.

So, I dropped the tables off with some other new goodies and did a little work organizing the new place. This "one hour" thing actually turned into about 2, so it was after 9:00 before I ever got to start working out. By then, Scotty had gotten all lazy on me and our planned 2.5 mile walk with the pup was out the window, poor girl :(  So instead I just hopped on the stair climber for 45 minutes. Working out in the privacy of your own home can be amazing, especially when you have some good tunes cranking. I was feelin' the music and shakin' my rump-shaker as I was stepping and I have to say I had a blast, the time just flew by. If you haven't done so in a while, I highly recommend downloading some old-school Michael Jackson, J-Lo, Destiny's Child, Britney & Christina. I was totally rockin' out and it was fun, just what I needed. When my cardio was complete I decided to go ahead and test out the arm with some upper body strengthening. It felt really achy, but I pushed through it and ended up completing 15 minutes of light-weight lifting. It started to feel good towards the end and today I can tell a big difference in the pain, so I'll call it a success. I also did 3 sets on the old faithful ab lounge.


After work today I'm hitting the gym for 5 miles on the treadmill and even though I'm exhausted...I'm excited. I can't even remember the last time that I was excited to hit the treadmill, so it's a nice change of pace. I've also got more ab work to do and hopefully we can actually make that walk with the pup happen tonight. 


Eats for the day include:
Breakfast- A few slices of deli chicken breast with a slice of light provolone on a sandwich thin & a large Dunkin Donuts coffee for the road.
Snack- Handful of almonds
Lunch- Tomato basil soup with a serving of no-sugar added tapioca pudding (yummmmm!)
Snack-Light kettle corn 
Pre-gym- Large orange
Dinner-????


Hope everyone else is feeling as productive and happy as I am today! I think the lack of sleep might be getting to me...goal for tonight: Bed by 10:00. Ta Ta for now!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment