Thursday, January 13, 2011

We love visitors...

And it's a good thing because you tend to get several of them in the winter when you live in Florida. 


Scotty's family is coming for a weekend visit tonight.
I know you probably can't tell from this photo, but they are all sooo tall. Standing at 5'6", I never thought of myself as exactly short until I started hanging around with these guys. I mean, I knew that I would never be a starting middle hitter at a D-1 school, but still...I'm no shrimp! Scotty is the tallest at 6'3 and a half, his Mom and Dad are each 6'3" and little sis is 6'1", little sis's boyfriend and probably one-day husband is 6'5"!!!!...just imagine how out of place I look while walking in a group with them. But it works out great because we make up our own volleyball team...and I'm never at a shortage for hitters or blockers!


I still have quite a bit to do before they get here this evening. I cleaned up the kitchen at the new house yesterday and we moved our bed in the master bedroom (actually right now it's just a mattress on the floor, but that will have to do for now). Tonight I have to finish vacuuming the other bedrooms and sweeping the tile floors and other little odds and ends. I'm actually going to have a kind of fun lunch break today...I have to go make some purchases for kitchen & bathroom supplies...and I love almost any kind of shopping. 


I almost let my working on the house derail my workout again last night...instead I just let it modify it. I didn't get to the gym until 9pm...I HATE going that late. I was already tired and definitely didn't feel like being there. I also had the attention span of a toddler. So I jumped on the elliptical and cranked out 15 minutes until I was bored stiff, then jumped on the treadmill for 20, then back to the elliptical for another quick 15 at a high incline. Then I just called it a night. I didn't realize I was sore from the mucho squats and lunges I did the previous night until I started working up a sweat on the elliptical. So I decided to take a rest from the weights for a day, but will be back to hitting them today. 


Today will be 10 minute intervals of elliptical and the stair mill, I'm not really giving myself a set time to complete, I'll just go until I'm tired. Then I have a full upper-body work out to look forward to. Hitting all muscle groups with 2 sets until exhaustion. 


I had a larger breakfast than usual today. I was extra hungry, probably from working out so late last night. 
Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg (I usually like them fried with a hard yellow, no runnies! But Scotty requested scrambled so I gave in), 2 turkey sausage patties, bowl of plain oats with cinnamon and Splenda.

Snack: Few pieces of beef jerkey
Lunch: Double turkey salad from Subway (we didn't have anything to bring at home :( )
Snack: String cheese and a few almonds
Pre-gym: Apple with 2 rice cakes
Dinner: Still a mystery


Hope everyone is having a great Thursday...I love Thursdays because that means tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! And I have a very fun weekend to look forward to, so excited! Ta Ta for now!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment