Thursday, January 27, 2011

Epiphany.

Over my lunch break I had an epiphany...

I was sort of looking at my most recent posts and they all seem to have one thing in common...I'm tired, and kind of grumpy too. I couldn't really figure it out. It's not like me at all to feel this cruddy and unmotivated. So I put some thought into it. Yes, I've had a lack of sleep...but not that much. Yes, I'm a little stressed with school and moving...but stress doesn't usually have this much of an effect on me. Then it dawned on me...I NEED CARBS! For the past couple of weeks I have really been limiting my carbos...as in consuming less than 50 a day. That was sort of my unspoken goal...but this is obviously just not going to work with me and the whole active lifestyle thing. I don't want to cut back on my cardio, I NEED that cardio for not only my physical health, but also my mental health. In order to accomplish 50 to 70 minutes of cardio activity on most days, I need to eat more carbs or it just ain't gonna happen. I can't keep going at the pace that I'm going with the level of energy that I have. Granted, I'm still not going to go crazy about it, but I think I at least need 1 piece of fruit a day and some sort of oats or whole wheat something or another to get me back in gear.

Not only has my energy level been suffering, but I've also logged my diet into www.myfitnesspal.com for the past couple of days and noticed a HUGE increase in the amounts of cholesterol I've been consuming. This is something that I never have really paid attention to before, but I know it's definitely not good. Heart and blood pressure issues tend to run in my family and I don't want to give them a leg up, even if I am only 24.

Needless to say, I am going to be incorporating some carbs back into my diet. I'm sure this will not only help my energy and motivation, but my mood too. No carbs = Whitney the Grouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment