Saturday, January 22, 2011

Two posts in one day?

Woah, what is going on? Usually I only post once a day, but I had to post an update on my delish dinner. I started some chicken cooking in the crockpot on low this morning about 10am. At around 5:45 I took them out and let them cool a bit so I could shred them up. It was roughly .75 lbs of chicken total, maybe just a tad less. Once shredded, I added 2 Tbsp of light sour cream and 2 Tbsp of light mayo. I thawed some chopped broccoli and added a tad over a cup (sorry for the wacky measurements but I have a thing for never following a recipe) and a can of chopped up water chestnuts. I seasoned the mixture with a little salt and some garlic powder and spread it into a baking dish. The last step is topping it with shredded cheese. It would probably be tasty with any type but I used the fiesta blend kind. I baked it at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes and voila! It was very very yummy. It didn't make as much as I was expecting. Usually when I whip something like this up most of the left overs end up in the trash because I can't eat them all before they go bad (and Scotty would never help me eat something like this). But in this case I think I'll be able to handle it. There's probably enough left over for 2 more meals. I ate it tonight with a side of green beans...
I should have taken the picture before I scooped it out on to my plate...but I was a little eager I guess. You get the idea...


I did finally manage to muster up enough motivation to get my workout in...even though it wasn't as planned. Stairs were planned but I was in the mood for a quick run. I did 45 minutes on the treadmill and every upper body exercise I could think of afterward. To the stairs: I promise to conquer you tomorrow.


In more exciting news, this afternoon I went to the nail salon to get my nails done in support of the big game tomorrow...
Thats right, glittery gold tips to match my gear for tomorrow's game. Big pimpin'...


It's getting late so I'm headed to bed to watch The Nanny, Scotty is playing football on the XBox...you know you're a loser when that is what your Saturday night consists of...oh well, at least I'm content with it. Ta ta until tomorrow!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment