Friday, January 14, 2011

I feel like singing!

That is how darn happy I am that it is FRIDAY!


The weekend officially begins in 2 hours and 10 minutes. I'm counting those babies down too. 


I'm a complete slacker and skipped the gym last night. Actually I have a quite acceptable excuse if I do say so myself. The plan was to get the floors clean and tidy up a little at the new house before the in-laws arrive. Well I did that...and then some. I completely lost track of time between vacuuming, sweeping, windexing, dusting, toilet & bath tub cleaning, and hiding junk in places that hopefully no one will see. Before I knew it, it was 8:30 and time to head to the airport. 


Funny story- Scotty's dad has bugged me ever since we moved here about picking him up in the airport with a sign that says his name, like I'm a taxi driver or something. Well, this has yet to happen because usually when we pick them up we just park in the cell phone lot until they let us know that they are off the plane and then we pick them up at the door. Good news to report-yesterday his wish was granted. We actually parked in the short term parking lot and went inside just so I could hold a sign reading his name. It was totally worth it, he was thrilled, which made me thrilled. I guess it really is the little things in life that matter.


After picking them up we took them to a quick dinner. Thankfully I had just eaten before we left for the airport or I would have fallen off the wagon for sure. They all had burgers at Cheeseburger in Paradise, which looked delicious, thankfully I was already full...but not full enough to have a couple of bites of chicken and sausage gumbo, yum!


We then took them all to the new house and they loved it. I got lots of compliments on the kitchen cabinets and counter tops and paint colors. I just can't wait for people to see it how I envision it in my head. Should only be another month or so until it's completely finished and decorated. 


I'm ready to hit the gym today since I had a break yesterday. Maybe I should try this 3 days on, 1 day off routine...thats an idea. It's kind of nice to have a rest day in the middle of the week instead of working your butt off all week and not getting a rest day til Saturday or Sunday. It kind of makes sense actually, hmmmmm...


I've got cardio and legs today but I might have to condense the routine a little in order to get home in time for dinner...I'd hate to have everyone waiting on me to eat! Because I know I'd be ready to hurt someone if they did that to me!

Today was a co-workers birthday and his mom surprised him by bringing a huge triple layer chocolate cake and ginormous chocolate chip cookies to the office to celebrate. I just had to stay out of the breakroom because I was afraid all hell would break loose if I didn't. That was a tough one.


I've already got butterflies in my belly for tomorrow...huge game on the line and all the stories I read are saying it's going to be brutal, which I already knew. They're predicting concussions, broken bones and more major fines for helmet-to-helmet. It's truly going to be the battle of the toughest team....but I think we've got it in the bag. I asked Scotty last night before bed if he thought I was psycho because I am literally so pumped for this game and I find myself constantly thinking about it, even nervous about it. He responded with "No, I think it's just because you've played competitive sports your entire life and now that you don't have a sport to compete at, you have to be competitive about something." So that made me feel better, and a little less crazy. Off to finish up my work for the day and then I am OUTTA HERE! Have a fabulous weekend everyone! GO STEELERS!

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment