Sunday, January 9, 2011

It was a fishy Sunday...

Overall today was pretty uneventful, in a good way. We watched football just like yesterday and ate and that is pretty much it. 


Woke up around 9am and had breakfast...
Thats Scotty's eggs and oatmeal on the left (2 eggs with cheese in the middle, maple/brown sugar oats) and mine on the right (2 plain eggs, plain oatmeal with cinnamon & splenda). 


After breakfast we took the pup for a 2.5 mile walk. Today is a rest day from anything even semi-strenuous but I still wanted to get some kind of activity in. We then proceeded to be extremely lazy and pretty much only move to change the channel on the TV. 


Lunch was chicken that I had cooked in the crockpot (my best friend). I shredded mine up and mixed it with some green peas, mushrooms and garbanzos. Pretty tasty little protein-packed lunch. I'm really trying to get lots of protein in my diet but it is sooooo hard for me because I am definitely not a meat lover.
After lunch guess what happened? The laziness continued. I did some minor household chores and some homework, caught up on blog reading and fitness magazines and thats about it.


Dinner got a little more interesting however. I've been reading a lot about tilapia here lately. It is supposed to be a non-fishy, low fat/calorie, high-protein fish. Tad bit of information about me: I HATE FISH. ALL FISH. I'm from southeast Missouri which just might be the fish fry capital of the world. I can't even begin to tell you how many people have made me try fish because "my fish is the best, just wait til you try it, no one makes fish better than me, I turn fish-haters into fish-lovers, etc. etc. etc". And every time I try it, I hate it even more. But I thought, since this tilapia stuff is supposed to be sooooo good for you, I'll give it a whirl. So I did some research and combined a couple of recipes. I sprayed the filet with some olive oil cooking spray, drizzled it in lemon juice, sprinkled with some salt, pepper and garlic powder. I let it like that for a few hours in the refrigerator and then right before broiling added a little more lemon (this was supposed to make it even less fishy). It was broiled just as all the recipes instruct and it actually looked kind of appetizing when I took it out...one problem. It was terrible. Not even okay, or edible...terrible. Scotty assured me that he thought it was actually pretty good, and he ate about half the filet (along with some salmon that I broiled for him as a back-up)...but I think he was definitely sugar coating it. So, long story short...I will NEVER eat fish again in life.


After dinner we took the pup for a quick 2-miler and now I'm getting ready to head to bed. I have an early morning appt. with my stair climber to prepare for. One more thing to share with you...

New fingernails and pedicure! I can't believe that I'm showing you a picture of my feet this early in our relationship, haha. I know, I know right...I have the weirdest looking second toe, but I'm really self-conscious about it so please don't make fun, just kidding. I've been teased about it my entire life, so pretty much anything you can say I've heard! But anyways, I love the sparkly red. Except now I'm thinking that these should have probably been my Christmas nails, but oh well...I still love them just the same!


Hope you all had a great weekend! Happy early Monday! Ta ta...


Whitney

1 comment:

  1. your lunch looks so tasty! I love garbanzo beans and they add such a good dose of protein! As far a fish goes I think Tilapia is heinous- and I LOVE fish so this is saying something. Try some sole perhaps, something mild and not so fishy-nasty!
    Love the mani-pedi. Got to get one of those for myself...

    ReplyDelete