Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Confession

I have a confession…

I'm not nearly as technologically savvy as I'd like to be (did I mention that I work for a computer software development company? So this sounds like a total contradiction!). Quite frankly I feel like a bit of a DB. I had no idea that anyone had commented on any of my posts. When reading other blogs I see comments posted below them…well apparently mine isn't currently set up like that and I discovered comments to my posts accidentally while poking around my dashboard. So, I know this is WAAAAY late, but thank you for the comments on the blog, my nails, and shoes! I'm very glad that I discovered the blogging world, though once again very late (hey, I just told you I'm not too technologically savvy). I always look forward to reading all of your blogs. It is truly a bright spot in my day!

Yesterday was an awesome gym day. You know how I can tell? I am one S-O-R-E girl! I did 47 minutes of cardio- stair mill, treadmill and elliptical combo. Followed by 3 sets of 2-legged extensions, 3 sets of one-legged extensions (per leg), 3 sets of one-legged curls (per leg), 3 sets of two-legged curls, 3 sets of regular leg presses, 2 sets of "glute" leg presses (I have no idea what this is actually called, but basically a leg press with feet positioned at the very top of the platform to concentrate the gluteus maximus) and 3 sets of calf raises.

For dinner I picked through the left over veggie beef stew and pulled out the beef, carrots, corn, lima beans, tomatoes and a little juice. I heated it up and added a can of garbanzos and a cup of brown rice. I thought about taking a picture to post, but then decided against it because it was sorta disgusting looking. I actually do this kinda frequently (eating things that look nasty but taste mighty delicious). Scotty even comments on it sometimes…usually something in passing like "That looks disgusting".

After dinner and a little homework we took the pup for a 2.5 mile walk. I was pretty tuckered out when we got home and brushed my teeth and went to bed.

I woke up fairly early and almost on time this morning. I even almost (almost!) had enough time to fix my hair…but on a positive note, this is one way that I know I'm serious about my big goal for 2011. Instead of fully blow drying and straightening out my hair, I half blow dried it, sprayed in some scrunching gel, scrunched it up real good, straightened out the bangs and decided to make eggs for breakfast instead of grabbing something starchy and sugary as I ran out the door. (Pat on the back).
Lunch today is a salad with lots of veggies and turkey and red wine vinaigrette dressing. Dinner is looking like a ground beef and veggie stir fry with brown rice (maybe I can make this look a little less like vomit so I won't be embarrassed to post a pic). Gym today will consist of 50 minutes cardio and core work (probably my most dreaded work out of the week, you know how I love ab exercises), and maybe another walk with my pup afterward (this is truly more for her benefit, she is starting to pack on some pounds in her old age). Then we'll probably head to the new house to do some touch up paint and baseboard paint. The plan is to start moving furniture in this coming weekend or beginning of next week. The Scottster's family is coming to visit the following weekend and we want to be able to stay in the new house then. We're always cramped for space when visitors come so the new house will make things much easier. Plus the pup is going to be in hog heaven with her own fenced in yard! I'm so excited for her!

Well, I'm off to start my day! Ta ta for now!

Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment