Friday, January 21, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

I'm happy dancin' all day long today because it's FRIDAY!!! The very best day of the week as far as I'm concerned.


I'm feeling very happy and extra-specially motivated today, however I do have a confession...
I fell off the wagon a little bit yesterday. My daily "meal plan" was tossed out the window. I completely forgot that yesterday was pizza day for the participants of our office football pool. The deal from the beginning was that the person who came in last in the rankings had to buy pizza for the rest of the pool. The boss man ended up coming in last and treated the rest of us to some yummy delicious pizza for lunch yesterday. I restricted myself to 2 slices, one veggie topped with tomato, onion, mushrooms and broccoli, and one slice of plain cheese. It was downright tasty. I also threw in an orange and a no-sugar-added tapioca pudding for a bedtime snack. That is an issue I need to work on- it seems like if I stumble from the plan just a tad, it opens the door for me to stumble a lot more. Any-who...I didn't let myself feel too guilty because I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and it was fun getting out of the office and having lunch with the co-workers.


Today however, I'm back on track and making sure that I stick to the plan to a T. I'm really going to try to cut back on the carbos for the next few days, this will be extra hard because it's the weekend, but I'm really trying to reach those New Years goals, so ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. 


I had 2 eggs and 3 turkey sausage links with a coffee for breakfast. Lunch is going to be a salad from Subway and dinner is a burger patty (minus the bun) and a side salad. Snacks will most definitely be mixed in, just haven't planned them out yet. 


Today will be another 5-miler in the gym with some strength training incorporated in. My arm is feeling much better and I dare say that I'm cured. There for a bit I was actually concerned that I might have torn something. I'd never felt pain like that in my arm before...ankles, yes, but never in my upper body. It really made me realize how many things your forearm muscles help you accomplish!


I'm trying out some new low-carb recipes this weekend and will be sure to share the results with you all.


Hope everyone is cheering on the Steelers this Sunday as they play for the AFC Championship against the Jets! One game away from the BIG DANCE...and you better believe I will be dancing all over the place if we win this weekend! Now I think is an appropriate time to pay a little tribute to my boys...



LOVE THESE GUYS!

Well, I'm off to finish working, wishing that it was 5:00 already and dreaming about a Steelers Super Bowl victory! Ta ta!
 
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment