Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feeling refreshed

Ahhh...today is a much better day than yesterday. I don't know what got into me but I was definitely a Ms. Crabby Patty (sorry for the Sponge Bob reference but I have an 8 year old brother). I've managed to snap out of it and I'm looking at the next 2 days with a new found optimism. I had quite the productive evening, even though I did decide to skip the gym, which at first made me even more grumpy and frumpy feeling, but then I realized that some things in life take precedence...not failing a final would be one of these things. So, instead I ate dinner and put in a couple of hours of studying while Scotty was at the gym (lucky) and I'm beginning to feel much more prepared. I'm planning on taking about a half hour to study during the lunch break today, hitting the gym after work ( I NEEEEEEED this today), and more and more studying after dinner. I'll also wake up a few minutes early tomorrow morning for some last minute cramming before the exam at 9am.


Last night dinner was thrown together very simply and quickly. I had a big 'ol salad, some fresh broccoli and cauliflower with hummus and some whole grain saltines. I also downed a big juicy Cameo apple for an evening snack (wow...I'd never been partial to Cameos before, but it was yummy). 


This morning I hit the snooze button a few too many times but still managed to have enough time to take a shower and wash my hair and even style it a tad...don't get your hopes up, this was as good as it gets...


I also had a very tasty breakfast on the run. I've proven to myself now that a delicious and nutritious breakfast in the car is possible. I mixed a light strawberry yogurt, a spoonful of sugar-free strawberry jam, wild berry granola with flax and some sliced almonds together to create a delightful little morning parfait. Definitely the best idea I've had so far today. 
You're loving the styrofoam cup right, keeping in classy!
 
Lunch is whipped peanut butter on a sandwich thin, a banana and a string cheese. Afternoon snack is one of my new favorites, chili lime skinless almonds (delish!), and dinner is still up in the air...I guess it'll be whatever I can scrape together from the pantry/freezer. 


I can't wait to get my butt in the gym today. I've got a minimum 5-miler, hopefully 6 planned and then some lower body strengthening. Hope everyone is having a fantastic Hump Day- half way through the work week! Ta ta!


Whitney

1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog and the gorgeous food you make, I love it

    ReplyDelete