Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Fickle, I am

I am a very fickle girl. I would not consider this one of my better qualities.


I actually posted yesterday afternoon, which is an extreme rarity for me, just to let you all know that I had a change of plans. Well, guess what? Those plans had a change of plans as well. I don't know what went on in my head on the drive home from work, must have been a combination of procrastination and complete un-motivation, but I decided to take a rest day. I was a little disappointed in myself until I thought about it and realized that I've worked out for 5 straight days. Then I realized that needing a rest day was probably exactly why I was being so fickle and wishy-washy. I needed to recuperate both mentally and physically, and that is just what I did. As a matter of fact, I was in bed at 10pm which NEVER happens in my household, but it felt oh so good. 


Dinner plans changed again as well. I didn't feel like really cooking, so I just threw together a home made casear salad with a few slivers of left over beef roast. It hit the spot and I thought I was on the couch for the rest of the night...until I got a hankerin' to scrape Scotty's pan of chicken and rice casserole clean. Bad idea...I should be more disciplined than to consume crazy amounts of carbs on a rest day. But, I quickly got over my guilt and indulged in an episode of "Jerseylicious" on TV. It's no Jersey Shore, but still entertaining none the less. Hmmm...wonder what I'd look like with a Jersey-makeover? 


Today is a new day and I am itching for some sweatin'! I will most definitely, 100%, without a doubt hit the gym on a mission today. I usually get there around 5:40pm, spin class on Wednesday night starts at 6pm (which I haven't been to in ages so I'm really excited to go!), so that leaves me about 15 minutes to spare after changing clothes. I plan on hitting the elliptical or arc trainer hard before making my way to the spin room. I've also got some major catching up to do on the upper body strengthening plan.


Breakfast today was turkey sausage links and a big juicy orange.
There was actually 4 links, but I scarfed 2 down before taking this picture.

I will also admit to you that I made a stop at Dunkin Donuts on the way to work for my morning coffee...only because I was out of creamer at home though!

I was feeling pretty snacky at lunch and couldn't decide on a meal, so I just munched on some turkey pepperoni, almonds, a string cheese stick...and for dessert I had one of these little babies.
They taste JUST LIKE a Snickers bar, but with only 130 calories and 2 net carbs. Delicious!

After the gym I PLAN (but we all know how those things go) on making the dinner that I thought about last night...turkey keilbasa with veggies and a little sprinkle of shredded cheese. After that...its TAX TIME! Hate filling out all that paper work but love getting the return! Thats all for me today...Ta ta!

Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Ugh - I hate tax time! :) Sorry it took me a bit to get around to coming here - I've been treading water like mad this semester! Now that I've stopped by, though, I'll try to make it a more regular habit!

    ReplyDelete