Monday, February 7, 2011

Sad Day in Steeler Nation

Ok, so technically I'm not located in Steeler nation, but my heart is :'( . And it is a very very sad day. Although a very exciting Super Bowl, the outcome was not as I had hoped. But how can you expect to win with 3 turnovers? You just can't against a good team.


Anyways...Friday night my little Scottster had to work really late. Actually he got to come home, had to go back in at 10pm and didn't get home until almost 3. He is a project engineer for a construction company. He's on a road project right now and there was an accident on the job site Friday morning. Repairing the problem required night work, and my man was volunteered for the job. Needless to say, Saturday was a sleep-in kinda day for him. I woke up fairly early and ate a quick bite and hit the gym for 5.5 miles on the treadmill. It felt pretty darn good and I was glad I made myself do it. We were supposed to get lots of stuff moved over to the house this weekend, but guess what? Didn't happen. Between Scotty working and just being tired, plus he has a hurt back...and just being lazy I guess, not much was accomplished. We did put together my new bakers rack which looks really cute. 


Saturday night I went ahead and made the big holiday style feast. No pictures unfortunately because I was lazy and forgetful. We enjoyed it alone, just a romantic dinner for two, lol. And the scale the next day proved that we didn't need to invite friends over to help us eat the feast because I ate enough for them too!


We hit the gym together after Sunday breakfast. It was a quickie but a goodie. I did a quick, but all-out, 20 minutes on the elliptical, followed by leg extensions, leg curls, calf raises, leg presses and the butt blaster machine. When I was finished with that Scotty's back was really bothering him, so we just headed home. We ate a little lunch and walked the pup a bit and went on to the beloved household chores. Prep for the Super Bowl included throwing together a couple of personal pan sized home made pizzas (yum) and sitting on the couch watching the pre-game show. 


We all know how the game went down, so you can imagine how I felt when it was over. I was a grumpasaurus and pretty much went straight to bed. But today is a new day and I'm trying not to dwell on the fact that we lost, even though all of my football fan co-workers who hate the Steelers keep reminding me. 


Today I enjoyed a Special K protein bar with coffee for breakfast, a banana for a mid-morning snack, a ham rollup and some Progresso tomato parmesan soup for lunch, string cheese will have to suffice as an afternoon snack before I down an Atkins caramel nougat bar for a pre-work out energy boost. Dinner is still a mystery as of now, probably nothing very exciting. 


Hopefully I will be in a little better mood tomorrow and have more interesting things to talk about. For now though, I am off to wallow in my misery.


Whitney

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend despite the loss! :0( I'm sorry...I know how disappointing that can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very disappointing, but I'll get over it :) There's always next year!

    ReplyDelete