Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm slowly getting better

I feel better today, not 100%, but getting there. It's just a game and like everyone keeps reminding me...there's always next year! Yeah, but that is so far away and that means we have to start ALL OVER AGAIN. Boo! Oh well, I'm just going with it.
Here's a picture to prove to you that I really am overcoming my grief. You wouldn't have wanted to see me yesterday, I think I actually had little horns growing out of my head. (and I'm not sure why it looks like a section of this picture is missing, but whatever, I'm still figuring this whole picture thing out I guess)

But how can this not lift my spirits?
I guess I am pretty lucky that I get to see this gorg view on my way to work every day.

When I walked into the gym last night the guy behind the desk immediately said, "I'm sorry about your loss"...I think this is how you know you are obsessed. Not sure what was up, but I had a major case of exercise ADHD. I spent 20 minutes on the elliptical before I felt like jumping off the cardio balcony, then moved on to 10 minutes on the stair mill, and finished with 12 minutes of arc trainer. I just couldn't get into the groove. So I went home and did some squats, "sumo" squats, lunges and crunches before dinner. I also had a lady come buy a bedroom set that I was selling on craigslist, heck yeah. Now I can go spend more money on crap for the house. When really I'd just like to blow it all on running shoes and Nike t-shirts.

Dinner was very boring. I had a salad, a few bits of beef roast that had been simmering in the crock pot all day and a few multi-grain saltines. Woah, really branching out there.

I can already tell that it won't be difficult to get in that groove at the gym. I'm really wishing I was there right now to tell the truth. I'm going to spend some time with the trusty old treadmill and get a good sweat going. Then I'll head home for some light upper body weights, high reps.

Breakfast today was 2 slices of wheat toast with whipped PB and coffee. Lunch is a chicken wrap and tomato soup. I've got a banana and almonds for snacks and once again no dinner plan (I think I need to change this little habit...sometimes not having a plan is when I fall off the wagon).

On a totally random note, here is the cute little bakers rack that Scott and I put together this weekend. I just love it and can't wait to actually find stuff to put on it, haha.

Happy Tuesday everyone! Ta ta!
Whitney

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who is a huge Steelers fan, I razed him leading up to the game, just for fun (my team is the Lions, I have nothing to root for ever) but after the game I left him alone, he texted me last night saying to go ahead, make fun of me and get it over with, I just replied "before the game, it was all for fun, after the game, its just better to let things be"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agreed! I work with a MAJOR Packers fan and he was a very gracious winner thankfully! I don't think I could handle all the gloating just yet!

    ReplyDelete