Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Running on empty...

I know I've been MIA for the past few days and that is because there is just SO much going on. I'm trying to keep it all together but it's getting difficult and I'm starting to feel things crumbling...not a good feeling. I've got a HUGE test on Thursday morning that I feel overwhelmingly unprepared for, I'm trying to get things done around the house, cook dinner, make sure to get my work outs in and find time to spend with Scotty. That last one definitely feels like it's slipping through the cracks, so somethings gotta give! 


Let me back up a lil bit...we had a blast in Miami on Friday. 

We were crunched for time on the way down there so we didn't have time for dinner (not a good situation). We grabbed a couple of smoothies from the Tropical Smoothie Cafe, aka the most wonderful place on the planet, and sped our way down Alligator Alley. 
My smoothie was a Hawaiian Breeze. It has an orangey, pineappley, banana-ey flavor. It's blended with Splenda and I had them toss in a scoop of whey protein to help it last longer...didn't work.

It looks really far away, but our seats were really awesome.

We got to see an incredibly exciting game, it came down to the very last seconds with the Heat pulling off a victory by 1 point. Score ended up 88-87 and we almost got to see LeBron have a 40 point game. He ended up with 39. On the down side, Chris Bosh and D. Wade were both injured so we only got to see them sit the bench. 

After the game we were both starved and I just wanted to eat at the first place we saw, didn't matter what it was. It took us forever to get away from the stadium, sooooo much traffic. I was afraid that we wouldn't be able to find anything open at 11:30pm, but we finally settled on TGI Fridays, which was a good choice. I had a Cobb Salad with Ranch dressing, regular ranch, not light...and it was scrumptious. I also had a few tortilla chips and salsa which hit the spot. We finally rolled into the driveway around 2:30am. 

Saturday we slept in and walked Mercedes for about 3 miles first thing. Then I ate a nutritious breakfast of plain oats mixed with PB, Splenda and a sliced banana before we hit the gym. I put in a little over 5 miles on the TM and then we came home for lunch. Before dinner time Scotty took a quick run and I did the same route walking with Mercedes again, ended up being a little over 1.5 miles. Needless to say I was pretty pooped at the end of the day so we just lazed around and watched TV, did a little studying, and Scotty of course played a lil XBox.

Sunday was a more productive day. We did lots of straightening up and cleaning around the house. My pool boy vacuumed the pool out and I did some more studying. We then went to buy some more stuff for the house, mainly cosmetic things, all the big things are just about complete. We decided to head back to the smoothie cafe for a late afternoon snack, which might have been the best decision of the weekend. I think this smoothie was even better than the first. We also passed my old boss on the way down there and flagged her down to join us. It was great to catch up with her, I miss seeing her every day. She truly made my transition to the Florida lifestyle much easier. 

This week has started off crazy as ever...busy with work, and mainly stressed about school. I NEED to ace this final and I just don't have the feeling that it's gonna happen. I need to devote 24 hours a day into studying today and tomorrow but obviously that is impossible. Thankfully I have all day Thursday off from work, so I plan on totally relaxing and getting a few things accomplished on the home front after the test. 

In more exciting news...the SUPER BOWL IS SUNDAY!!!!!! GO STEELERS!!!! I plan on sporting Steelers gear all week long. Check out my new shirt...I love it!!!! Can't wait for the weekend!!!

Thats all I've got for now...hopefully I will be more interesting once all the madness dies down!

Ta ta...
Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment