Friday, February 4, 2011

A much needed day off and a Happy Friday!!!

Ah, I can't even tell you how much I am looking forward to this weekend...it is in fact one of the greatest of the year. Ya know why? It's Super Bowl weekend, duh! As if that wasn't great enough, MY team is playing in the big game!!! Woohoo!!! I have a great feeling about it. I really think it's going to be an exciting game. For the first time in a few years I even find myself looking forward to the half time show, the Black Eyed Peas. It's about time the NFL does something current, I'm exhausted with these old guys of the past few years trying to entertain me...


After the gym tonight I'll be hitting the grocery store for a few Super Bowl essentials...STEELERS balloons, plates and cups to decorate the house & home made pizza ingredients, thats what I've settled on for game day dinner. I've also been talked into cooking up a feast for Saturday evening so I'll be grabbing all the ingredients for that too. One of Scotty-o's buddies is coming over to help us move in more furniture and also change the brakes on the boat trailer, so we are treating him to a delicious home cooked meal. I'm talking like a Christmas dinner feast with ham and all the fixins. Have I mentioned that I love cooking for people?


Yesterday was a mucho productive day. I woke up early and made breakfast and had a last minute cram session before my final exam, which didn't really help that much. I did average, definitely not what I was hoping for, but good enough I guess. I was a little bummed after that and needed some major retail therapy. I went and bought some new accessories for the house and then home. I ate a little lunch (bowl of frosted mini-wheats...haven't had them in forever and I must say that I have seriously been missing out), then I started painting. I touched up the dining room, kitchen, both guest bedrooms and the guest bath. All thats left as far as painting goes this weekend is the master bed and bath and living room. Can't wait to get all the painting knocked out because I 100% despise painting. 


Shortly after I was finished painting Scotty was home from work. We had a little snack and then hit the gym. I didn't really have a plan before we got there, so I decided on 30 minutes on the elliptical, 20 minutes on the treadmill and 10 minutes on the arc trainer. My cardio was followed up 3 sets of crunches and 3 sets of hanging knee raises. 


We went home and surprisingly I wasn't very hungry, so I decided on a very odd vegetarian dinner. I had a whole can of garbanzo beans and some steamed green peas, with a tapioca pudding cup for dessert. 


We ended the night on the couch watching Vampire Diaries, great episode last night. I just love that show. We skipped out on Jersey Shore, so don't tell me what happened! It's on the DVR waiting to be watched this evening. I think I'm also going to hit up the RedBox and see if there are any movies worth watching tonight.


I plan on sleeping in a bit tomorrow morning and then sweating it out in the gym, I need to put in a 6-miler (probably on the treadmill) and I also need to do some squats, lunges, etc. because I've been putting them off all week. Then, it's on to the painting and moving. 


Here's hoping everyone has a very productive Friday and weekend and also finds some time to relax...and cheer on those Steelers!!! Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!


Ta ta!
Whitney


PS--I also saw a HUGE black snake in our front yard yesterday which liked to scare the pee outta me!

1 comment:

  1. Haha about the black snake! I would have had the same reaction! Yay Super Bowl! Good luck to your team! I'm not really for either side tonight so I'm just gonna watch and cheer everyone on! lol

    ReplyDelete