Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Filler post

This is just a crappy little filler post until I can manage to get my butt to our home computer and upload the pics from our trip. 


Yesterday, despite my plethora of motivation earlier in the day, ended up being kind of lazy. I'm definitely still catching up in the rest department and actually still feel a little run down today. I did go to the gym, and I did get in 45 minutes of cardio (30 minutes stairs and 15 minutes elliptical) but after that I was spent. I called it quits and headed home for some R&R. Scotty was feeling the same way. After working until 6:30 he decided to skip the gym all together. I whipped up some baked chicken for him, but went vegetarian for myself. I threw together some shredded lettuce, onion, tomatoes, green pepper, chick peas, black olives, salsa and shredded cheese. It was a pretty delightful little salad (ok, it wasn't so little) and the perfect dinner for a hot day. I skipped out on my weight training and walking the dog, so I really have to get it together tonight.


Breakfast this morning was eaten on the go, like most days- a protein bar. I had a banana for a mid-morning snack. I was rushing to get out the door this morning and completely forgot to bring anything for lunch, so I headed across the street for an egg-white, turkey sausage flatbread from Dunkin Donuts. Afternoon snack consisted of a handful of almonds. Dinner tonight is my favorite tomato soup with chick peas (I'm addicted to them) and some deli chicken (Boars Head Golden Classic- the best!) to squeeze some protein in there.


I've got a short run on the agenda. Since I haven't run in a few days I don't want to overdo it. My long run will probably be on Sunday (long for me, that is). I also desperately need to incorporate my upper body weight training this evening, and a walk for the pup. Her annual vet appointment is this Saturday and it's an important one! Last year when she had her shots and blood work they let us know that she'd be better off about 5lbs lighter. So we've been working really hard on not giving her people food and monitoring exactly how much dog food she is getting. In her older age she isn't quite as active, so we need to start paying more attention to these things. I think it's really paid off and I can tell that she's a little slimmer and has lost some of that pudge. But, the real test will be Saturday!


Signing off for now...I'm going to do my best to get those pictures posted this evening, so check back!


Ta ta!
Whitney

2 comments:

  1. You made me hungry reading about your meals!! Sounds yummy! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha that sounds so good! great blog girl! You should stop by my blog because I'm giving away a Bobbie Brown eye shadow compact :)

    ReplyDelete