Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Smooooookin'

Goodness gracious great balls of fire! Literally! Yesterday was a scorcher! I set out for a 4 mile run at around 7:20pm. I try to leave the house as late as I can, still being able to fit my full run in during the day light. Not that I live in a scary neighborhood, I just don't feel comfortable running alone at night. Cha never know what can happen man! I swear, just a couple weeks ago this would have been the perfect time to run! Last night however, and this whole week really, it has been MIS-ER-A-BLE. The humidity is killing me! The air is so thick that it's hard to breathe. I toughed it out though, with a quick water break after the 3rd mile- thought I was going to choke without it. I followed up my run with a 2 mile walk with the doggy dog. Strength training was skipped (bad girl!).


 Hot & Sweaty Run! (please excuse the mess behind me)


Another pet peeve besides the ridiculous heat, one of my biggest ones ever? Gnats! Is it just the weather or is there something in the Florida air??? It is so annoying when the little turds fly in your eyeball (ok that sounds completely gross, but you know what I mean!)...especially when they don't die and then you can feel them crawling around. Eek- it gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it. Well, that has happened to me on my past 2 runs. Not to mention approximately 20-30 more that were stuck to my skin and shirt!

On a different note, there are many, many things that I love about my man Scotty. He's ambitious, fun, handsome, loving, protective, etc. One flaw he has? He is extremely absent-minded and forgetful at times! He had me in a near panic attack yesterday afternoon. I left booking our airline tickets for our trip tomorrow in his hands. He asked me what times I preferred to leave and come back, yada yada yada...and I didn't ask any more questions. I just knew the deal was done, nothing to worry about. WRONG! My mom asked what time she should pick us up at the airport tomorrow night and I told her that I'd check with my little crazy Scottster and let her know. When I asked him to forward me the confirmation email (which I should have done A LONG TIME AGO), we discovered that he must have trashed it because it was no where to be found. Also come to find out, he had no idea what airline he booked the tickets through. NOT GOOD. It took all night for us to figure it out and luckily when I called this morning (thats right, if you want something done the right way you must do it yourself!) they were able to send a new confirmation. Phew! The bad news- we leave much earlier tomorrow than I had originally thought. So looks like now I'm going to be leaving work early tomorrow too- that's all fine and dandy except that my vacation time is slowly but surely dwindling away. Oh well, it will all be worth it!


I just enjoyed a delicious chicken, lettuce, tomato, olive, onion, pickle and spicy mustard spinach wrap. To die for- love me some Publix deli! I've got a 6pm spin class and a long walk with the pup to tire her out for the dog sitter (hopefully) on the agenda tonight. Then it'll be more paper writing, house cleaning (it's bad enough for me to see my house in a disaster, but no one else will!), and packing. 


I'm off to take the rest of this work day DOWN! Have a great afternoon!


Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment