Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm just like butter...

On a roll! Last night was mucho productive. I decided to be an adult and get all of the "must do's" out of the way first before working out. Plus, this is what I saw when I was driving home from work.

That is not exactly my ideal running temperature, especially when it feels like a sauna! So instead I got 1 and a half papers written. The remaining half will be completed on the plane or in between flights this evening, I mean what else am I going to have to do other than annoy Scotty? I got lots of laundry done, packed all my stuff (in 1 carry-on I might add!) and straightened up the house. By the time I was done being a responsible adult, I looked at the clock to see that it was almost 8:30 and I hadn't done any sort of physical activity, unless you count folding clothes. So I jumped into some gym clothes and hit the road. Unfortunately it was way too late and dark outside to run- but oh how I wish I could have. The temperature had cooled down to this...
And I'm no meteorologist, but it felt like very low humidity as well. Such a rarity around here. Instead I completed just 30 minutes on the elliptical and a killer ab workout, I am feeling the burn today! Not a lot, but better than nothing. Unfortunately life calls sometimes and you can't fit in everything you need to do. That is something that I'm working really hard to accept!


I'll be heading out from work around 2:00 this afternoon instead of working the whole day like I originally planned. At first I was a little upset about that because it seems like a waste of vacation time, but arriving here this morning I realize that I'm soooo excited to leave early!
Excited face!

Breakfast was picked up from my second home, Dunkin Donuts, in the form of a turkey sausage, egg white flatbread sandwich- hold the cheese! And a large refreshing iced tea.
Yum! Yum!

And my last exciting news for the day- the scheduling worked out so that I will get to attend my cousin's baby shower while I'm visiting my family. So, I went baby shopping yesterday! SO. FUN! I picked up 2 packs of 3 onesies and a pack of 3 bibs...
All for $4.99 each! I love finding bargains! And they're so cute!

Well, I am signing off to complete my work for the day and then I'm leaving on a jet plane!  I might be MIA for a few days, so I'm wishing you all a happy weekend in advance!

Ta ta!
Whitney

2 comments:

  1. Have fun on your trip! And way to be productive last night!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laundry, packing, and straightening up the house all sounds like a lot of exercise to me!! It is stressfull too sometimes, I always have a difficult time packing just the right amount of stuff.
    Have a wonderful trip :)
    I'm headed to the beach this weekend, can't wait. Just the rest of this nightshift and then I'll be on my way!

    ReplyDelete